StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Muddy Methods<< >>Post Follow-up
JDPugh
11 posts
msg #76200
Ignore JDPugh
7/9/2009 3:06:48 PM

I found and downloaded a copy of the Muddy Methods Manual (Revised 2005) so that I could study it . When I set up the filters by cutting and pasting into StockFetcher I got errors showing up on some of them when I checked Debug. I searched and found some here but they also showed errors in Debug.

These are the ones that failed Debug : Muddy Combined, Muddy Combined 1,2,3,4 & 5 Day Failure

Does someone have a set of these that I could get for my use. I am only looking at Strategy #1 at this time.......but if someone has a full set of these I would really appreciate a copy.

Also, I found the Green On The Screen Blog, but is there a newer group where some of this information may be updated ?The Yahoo group has not been used much in a while as best I can tell.

Thanks for you help !!
JDPugh

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #76211
Ignore chetron
7/9/2009 7:40:54 PM

AT THE TIME YOUR FILTER WAS WRITTEN, THERE WAS A PSEUDO ONE LINE FILTER CRAZE. THE ERROR IS DUE TO THIS SILLYNESS. IF IT BOTHERS YOU, JUST REPLACE MOST OF THE ANDS WITH CARRIAGE RETURN. HTH

JDPugh
11 posts
msg #76214
Ignore JDPugh
7/9/2009 9:19:32 PM

Sorry, I am kinda new at StockFetcher so still getting the hang of things. I have corrected a couple but this one I do not see.
Can you see what the issue is here ??

EXAMPLE : MUDDY 1 DAY FAILURE CANDIDATES

set{x,count(volume 1 day ago above volume 2 days ago,1)*2}
and set{y,count(volume 1 day ago above average volume(90),3)}
and set{z,x+y} and z is above 1.1
and close 1 day ago had been decreasing over the last 3 days
and average volume(90) 1 day ago is above 100000
and close 1 day ago is between 1 and 10
and low 1 day ago is below lower bollinger band(20) 1 day ago
and count(close 1 day ago above open 1 day ago,3) is below 2.1
and day change is below 0
and set{a,count(volume above volume 1 day ago,1)}
and set{toptail,highopen}
and set{bottail,close-low}
and set{taildelta,bottail-toptail}
and set{b,count(taildelta is above 0,1)}
and set{c,a+b} and c is above 0

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #76215
Ignore SAFeTRADE
7/9/2009 9:24:57 PM

Try this.

Fetcher[set{x,count(volume 1 day ago above volume 2 days ago,1)*2}
and set{y,count(volume 1 day ago above average volume(90),3)}
and set{z,x+y} and z is above 1.1
and close 1 day ago had been decreasing over the last 3 days
and average volume(90) 1 day ago is above 100000
and close 1 day ago is between 1 and 10
and low 1 day ago is below lower bollinger band(20) 1 day ago
and count(close 1 day ago above open 1 day ago,3) is below 2.1
and day change is below 0
and set{a,count(volume above volume 1 day ago,1)}
and set{toptail,high-open} /* no negative sign between high and open, added it */
and set{bottail,close-low}
and set{taildelta,bottail-toptail}
and set{b,count(taildelta is above 0,1)}
and set{c,a+b} and c is above 0
]

JDPugh
11 posts
msg #76221
Ignore JDPugh
7/9/2009 10:36:27 PM

Worked like a charm.....Thanks !!

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #76223
Ignore Eman93
7/9/2009 10:54:51 PM

http://www.investorslive.com/

thats where the Green on the Screen crew lives

JDPugh
11 posts
msg #76225
Ignore JDPugh
7/9/2009 11:36:59 PM

Thanks EMan93, found that site after I posted. Not sure I am ready for a paid chat just yet. Better study this thing for a while. Again thanks to all for the help. After Safetrade got me going I got had them all working in about an hour.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Muddy Methods<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.