StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · My RSI(2) < 1 Filter...<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
markcrisp
187 posts
msg #38531
Ignore markcrisp
10/21/2005 6:07:54 AM

The problem traders have is they expect their filters and strategies to work on just about every stock in the universe. The fact is some stocks are just going down, down, down and are not really "tradeable".
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's face it. most people think the stock market is a slot machine that miust pay out all the time....They don't want to trade they want free money.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38532
Ignore alf44
10/21/2005 11:21:44 AM

TRO,

It ("wait for green") may not be "vague" to you...but it apparently IS to some people. If it weren't "vague"...there wouldn't be so many questions requesting some clarification as to what it actually means.

Anyway, I was just offering my own opinions and hopefully bringing something of value to the whole ongoing "wait for green" discussion.

I certainly never meant to be critical and I hope you didn't take it personally.

Regards,

alf44

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #38533
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/21/2005 2:18:25 PM

Not at all, Alf.

It is just that sometimes something is so simple some people just can't grasp it.

Their mind plays a trick on them... IT CAN'T BE THAT SIMPLE!

roca1018
163 posts
msg #38542
Ignore roca1018
10/22/2005 8:58:55 AM

Obviously, the RSI(2)<1 stocks are in a short term downtrend. There are a select few stocks that bounce very well when they reach this level. I don't see the
hold for green as being reliable as plenty of these open + and then fade. If you have monitored the select few that perform well it is best to buy and avoid tight stops as you might lose a few pennies before it bounces.

Rich

futuremoney
27 posts
msg #38547
Ignore futuremoney
10/23/2005 9:02:40 AM

TheRumpledOne would you be kind enough to explain Linear regression. How do you use it and what am I looking for when I look at the charts. In other words what is it telling me when applied to a chart.
Thanks
Joseph G. Christ

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #38549
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/23/2005 9:09:48 PM

I think the HolyGrail and I posted a bunch about linear regression and rsi(2) on the SF forums.

But a quick answer is:

1) Linear regression shows the direction of the trend.

2) Linear regression shows when a stock is peaking or bottoming.

Safe trade.. go long when an uptrending stock is at the bottom of its linear regression... look at a daily chart of GOOG and you'll see what I mean.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

futuremoney
27 posts
msg #38551
Ignore futuremoney
10/23/2005 11:51:50 PM

thansk for the follow up I have been reading, and I quess I missed that information. Will do the follow up on goog.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · My RSI(2) < 1 Filter...<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.