StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Need a Filter<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
takbir
3 posts
msg #38208
Ignore takbir
9/26/2005 8:20:47 PM

Can someone look at the chart of DCEL and plot MA20 MA40 and MA100 and you will see how nicely in June it broke out and never looked behind. Is there anyoe who can program a filter to spot such a stock again when it happens. There was also a volume spike.

Regards

Safdar Nasser

riggs
313 posts
msg #38215
Ignore riggs
9/27/2005 1:36:51 AM

Takbir -

Looking at this run up you're talking about, there is no filter that can do what you are asking. I haven't checked, but if memory serves me, Dobson Comm.(DCEL)was in the news it seemed like every 4 or 5 days either declaring dividends or directors buying more stock. I can't remember which. Also, I think they paid off some important notes of some kind. The fact is,(DCEL)was all over the news! That's why the stock took off. In fact looking at the chart, it started off with just a couple of 'Bullish Harami's'. Investing is not just Indicators and Oscillators, it's news, luck, Volume, Share accumulation & dumping, etc, etc....The way the market looks now, you're way better off looking for Shorting opportunities. Becides, shorting pricing moves 3 times as fast as opposed to run-ups like you're looking for. Here's just one of the many shorting filters I use.....

Fetcher[Show stocks where ADX(14)is above +DI(14)and -DI(14)is below +DI(14)and ADX(14)is above 40 and weekly MACD Histogram(12,26)is decreasing and average volume(90)is above 100000]

You can change the "Volume(90)" lower to look for the lower priced stocks if you wish. Anyway, I hope this helps you, in that you won't find too many (DCEL'S)in these current markets. Then again.....

RIGGS

riggs
313 posts
msg #38217
Ignore riggs
9/27/2005 4:03:15 AM

takbir -

One other important factor I left out that drives stocks to the moon is "Insider Trading." Case in-point, today one of Ultralife Batteries (ULBI) senior Directors Grace Brothers purchased 214,019 shares today! That was an investment of 2.1 million! Now if you look at all the different Indicators & Oscillators, you'll find this company is due for a nice "Run-up" in price just like you like, and at a price of($10.67)that makes it very attractive.Look at today's candle. It was a "Bullish Thrusting Line." A signal that you like to see EARLY in an uptrend! I can see this around $13-$14 very shortly. Again, filters are great & that's why we are all here, but many times you have to take a step out of the batters box to see who's on the base pads. Good luck to you.

Riggs.

riggs
313 posts
msg #38218
Ignore riggs
9/27/2005 4:15:02 AM

BTW, if you draw your trendline on ULBI'S RSI(14), you'll see it broke past it. That is a MAJOR sign for a new uptrend on any security or stock. Was it by accident she(grace)bought 2.1 mil. shares today? I think not....

Riggs.

futuremoney
27 posts
msg #38254
Ignore futuremoney
9/28/2005 6:03:39 PM

Riggs good call on ulbi. I bought 4 Dec. $12.50 call's yesterday for .55 today they closed at $1.20. Can you post the filter you used to find this stock or have you been watching it for a while and it was time for it to move. If you want to send me an email direct send it to jgalechrist@sbcglobal.net. I am trying to learn how to pick these types of plays. I know they don't always go positive but, like some of you have said "money management".
Thanking you in advance for the information.
JGC

riggs
313 posts
msg #38257
Ignore riggs
9/29/2005 4:49:50 AM

Futuremoney -

Hey man first of all thanks, secondly there was no filter I used on the ULBI play it was nothing more than a little research. I love insider trading, but mostly from the shorting side. Believe me, there are men & women here that can help you much more than I can on the filter side of things. I'm more of a search out and distroy type of investor and that tends to be very risky at times. But hey, doesn't it seem smart to follow some of these CEO'S when they make big play moves? So it really wasen't all that creative on my part, but I'm going make about 18K when I close out tomorrow. It's about 1:42 AM PST. and I cant wait for the market to open! Sorry I couldn't be more help to you, but I think I might post some more of these plays from time to time. Much luck to you.

Riggs

futuremoney
27 posts
msg #38259
Ignore futuremoney
9/29/2005 8:46:19 AM

Thanks for the follow up. I was hopeing you had the crystal ball (filter). It takes a lot of time to do the research and distroy mission. You go ahead and
post more like ULBI, I have no problem with that. Tell me where and how you research these and I will help you. You can email me at jgalechrist@sbcglobal.net if you do not want to post. Again thanks and I would like to learn and help in the research.
JGC

riggs
313 posts
msg #38263
Ignore riggs
9/29/2005 7:34:38 PM

Hey everyone, ULBI that I mentioned earlier in this thread isn't slowing down. Today's candle was a "Bullish Thrusting Line." What does that mean? Well, in an uptrernd it's like a Bullet Train slowing down to pick up more passengers and then resuming it's normal 250 MPH speed. Look for higher prices in the next couple of days. Anyway, food for thought for those of you interested. I'll also be getting you out of this stock before too long since I started this thing.

Riggs.

jaketheguy
52 posts
msg #38265
Ignore jaketheguy
9/29/2005 8:44:48 PM

<<Anyway, food for thought for those of you interested. >>

There is evidently some interest by futuremoney on how you determine insider trading. You could name whether you use a service like 10KWizard, etc., and how you scan/filter the information they provide.

Otherwise, I fail to recognize the utility of your contribution on a 'filter exchange' message board.

riggs
313 posts
msg #38266
Ignore riggs
9/29/2005 9:31:08 PM

Jake -

Sorry I OFFENDED your reading time! Anyway, the site I use is the same site other professional investors use (www.secform4.com) BTW, If you "failed" to see what I brought to this thread, then you are a complete moron! You must have had a bad trading day to not see that. So I'll help you out Jake! Buy (TMA)tomorrow at the morning low, and ride it for about 3 days and then you might stop kicking your dog and you you might thank me instead of dogging me. In the future, I'll post whatever and whenever I want since I too am a paying customer to this great site! So stick it up your......

Riggs!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Need a Filter<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.