StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · New Forum Post GBT<< >>Post Follow-up
miketranz
956 posts
msg #56256
Ignore miketranz
10/31/2007 11:06:50 PM

Can anyone come up with a filter for catching a move like GBT(pull up a 6 month chart) breaking into the $4 range after long consolidation.Thanks,Mike...

dwiggains
441 posts
msg #56265
Ignore dwiggains
11/1/2007 9:56:54 AM

set {a, high 40 day high - low 40 day low} and set {r, a / close} and add column r and close > .2 and average volume (90) > 200,000 and close < 10 and close > 5% above close 1 day ago and sort column 5 ascending
and date offset is 54

This will find GBT on about the time when you want. I have worked on this kind of filter. The problem is you get a few winners and a lot of stocks that do nothing or go down. The date offset is set today only for August 15. What this filter does is find low volality stocks that have suddenly jumped up.
Good luck.

See ya
David

miketranz
956 posts
msg #56286
Ignore miketranz
11/1/2007 3:49:36 PM

Thanks Dave,I'm having trouble getting results.Plus,is there a way to make the filter clickable? Mike.....

dwiggains
441 posts
msg #56295
Ignore dwiggains
modified
11/1/2007 5:26:18 PM

Fetcher[
set {a, high 40 day high - low 40 day low} and set {r, a / close} and add column r and close > .2 and average volume (90) > 200,000 and close < 10 and close > 5% above close 1 day ago and sort column 5 ascending
and date offset is 55
]

This is just good for today. You will have to change date offset tomorrow.
See ya
David

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #56298
Ignore 13th_floor
11/1/2007 9:40:59 PM

Fetcher[set {a, high 40 day high - low 40 day low} and set {r, a / close} and add column r and close > .2 and average volume (90) > 200,000 and close < 10 and close > 5% above close 1 day ago and sort column 5 ascending
and date offset is 8/15/07
]

"This is just good for today. You will have to change date offset tomorrow."

When you want to save a date use the date,not an offset number of days.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To Stockfetcher "support" or anyone who cares if the Company name matches the symbol (you gotta check them if you do care,I play sectors so it's important to me)
I've brought this up before and nothing has changed.
MANY symbols have the WRONG company name.
The stock in this post is NOT ,Buy It Cheap.com Inc.
It is Advanced Battery Tech
Just on this random filter here there are 40 matches and 14 company names are either WRONG or are MISSING!

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #56299
Ignore jrbikes
modified
11/1/2007 9:43:20 PM

Fetcher[ price crossed above EMA(18) in the last 30 days
and the RSI(14) has crossed above 50 in the last 29 days
and the close is greater than the open
and the RSI(14) is above 50
amd the Momentum(12) is above 0
and the Weekly RSI(2) is above 50
and the price has reached a new high in the last three days
and the volume is above 250000
and the close is between .25 and 5
]

You can add close less than open to catch all of the ones that are exhibiting that pattern, you can spot the ones that are channeling like that, the other ones you just have to weed out! but the scan only gives you 20 to 30 any way, Im working on narrowing it down!

NNBP and SCLL are doing it! and as for the chart, you have to pull up a long term to really see the Resistance, and as for the wrong name, thats why I cross reference on Big Charts

Hey 13th, that is a good scan, where you been? dont love me no more?
Im glad stockfetcher uses words for scans, other wise, Im screwed!

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #56301
Ignore 13th_floor
11/1/2007 10:26:44 PM

Credit for that filter goes out to dwiggains.

I just changed the date offset to reflect the date and not the number of days.

Jr,when you get a day off from work come on over to Muddys chat room and we can talk on PM while trading momos WITHOUT filters,haha.

I'll bring the beer!!

miketranz
956 posts
msg #56339
Ignore miketranz
11/2/2007 5:31:34 PM

Thanks for all the help,appreciated..Mike....

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · New Forum Post GBT<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.