StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Offset part of filter Bollinger squeeze<< >>Post Follow-up
james549
53 posts
msg #33912
Ignore james549
11/13/2004 3:24:55 PM

I have been tring apply an offset date to only part of my filters.
It doesn't seem to pick up on the offset time periods.
Example:
Fetcher
[Show stocks where lower bollinger band(20) has been increasing over the last 5 days 4 days ago
and upper bollinger band(20) has been decreasing over the last 5 days 4 days ago
and Show stocks where the Bollinger width(20) has reached a new 3 month low and draw Bollinger(20)
and Average Volume(90) is above 50000
and close is between 15 and 250]
Can this be done?
What I am looking for is the bollinger squeeze 4 days ago. Then I can apply different indicators to see directional movement.

james549
53 posts
msg #33914
Ignore james549
11/13/2004 8:28:51 PM

I think I found what I am looking for.
The filter should be as follows I believe.

[Show stocks where lower bollinger band(20) 3 days ago has been increasing over the last 5 days
and upper bollinger band(20) 3 days ago has been decreasing over the last 5 days
and Show stocks where the Bollinger width(20) has reached a new 3 month low
and draw Bollinger(20)
and close is between 5 and 250]

Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Jim
How does one get the filter to be able to activate in the posts?

xplorer
257 posts
msg #33916
Ignore xplorer
11/13/2004 9:19:18 PM

...hmmm ... your filter should be clickable the way you posted it ... well, here it is ....

Fetcher[Show stocks where lower bollinger band(20) 3 days ago has been increasing over the last 5 days
and upper bollinger band(20) 3 days ago has been decreasing over the last 5 days
and Show stocks where the Bollinger width(20) has reached a new 3 month low
and draw Bollinger(20)
and close is between 5 and 250
]

xplorer
257 posts
msg #33917
Ignore xplorer
11/13/2004 9:22:43 PM

... ok ... your post was almost correct ... but here is the difference..

you had :

Fetcher [ ]

SF doesn't like that added space ... so here is the corrected form:

Fetcher[ ]

james549
53 posts
msg #34014
Ignore james549
11/19/2004 10:29:34 PM

Thankyou.

wallman
299 posts
msg #34028
Ignore wallman
11/20/2004 9:05:17 PM

The above imbeded filter seems like a nice filter but since it's been my experiance over the years that lower priced stocks are much more sensitive to a bb squeeze and when they do break give alot more pop,and that's what i'm always on the look for,anyone feeling the same way might want to try using "price between 1 and 10" and also taking out the phrase " 3 days ago " from increasing lbb and from decreasing ubb and backtesting it that way to see if the gains that do hit aren't much larger .... understand everyones style is different and i'm not knocking the original in any way,just that i like the potential quicker bigger pops

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Offset part of filter Bollinger squeeze<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.