StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · One for the newbies...<< >>Post Follow-up
moneymax3000
3 posts
msg #34986
Ignore moneymax3000
1/26/2005 10:11:19 PM

I have decided the average volume(90) is not such a great measure of interest. Of course we are looking for a much larger kill, in the neighborhood of +30%. Most of this dabbling has caused me to look into pink slips and OTCs. Some of these trade under .20 and even under 1 cent. I recently ran a scan to see how many under 1 cent, there's only 75 of them. Anyway, back to what I have in mind. If you were to write;
set{TA, average volume(20)*price}
This line would set a figure "TA" which you then can decide how high you'd like to scan for.
TA is above 50,000
I have found that 50000 is a pretty good start, and here is why...
Lets say you found a .20 stock which is trading an average volume(90) of 200,000 shares. But the last 20 days show only average of 100,000. A lot of people would still trade this at 100,000 but if you look at what kind of money it takes to trade this many shares you might think twice about such a venture. Take 20 cents and times it by 100,000... you get $20,000. So, if you get 2 buyers with $5,000 each you have the day's volume,,, not much interest here. Take the same amount of volume and times it by a $1 stock. Now you need 20 buyers to make the same amount of trades. Now that's more interesting, and I can live with 20 others wanting the stock I'm interested in. Then 100,000 times $1 is TA of 100,000. That's nice!!!!!!
MAX

rsarno
103 posts
msg #34987
Ignore rsarno
1/26/2005 10:59:03 PM

you recommend newbies getting into pennies and pinks?

moneymax3000
3 posts
msg #34988
Ignore moneymax3000
1/26/2005 11:21:56 PM

I'm the newbie here. Hey, I'm having a time writing this one line to begin a new filter.
set{gain, price/(price 3 weeks ago)/price}
How can I write this.
Thanks
MAX

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · One for the newbies...<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.