StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · PANGOLIN Z AND PANGOLIN W - FULL SYSTEM CODE<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 >>Post Follow-up
jimmyjazz
102 posts
msg #123100
Ignore jimmyjazz
3/10/2015 9:03:24 AM

Kevin, you mentioned this in your original post, and being SF-stupid, I'm not sure exactly what you're saying. Is this a separate filter limited to the stocks one is holding in Pangolin Z?

"For determining the new RSI(2)-based profit target each night you simply set up a watchlist of the stocks you are holding and add a column with "add column reversersi(2,90) {profit target}". This will automatically update the dynamic exit for the next day. "

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #123120
Ignore graftonian
3/11/2015 10:31:07 AM

KEVIN,
I ADDED THE FOLOWING CONSTRAINT TO YOU PANGOLIN Z:

/* MY ADDED RESTRICTIONS */
MACD FAST < MACD SLOW
MACD SLOW < -0.25

SEEMS TO IMPROVED THE RESULT OVER 2YR AND YTD BACKTEST.

PRESENTLY WORKING ON MY OWN MACD AND RSI BASED FILTER. IF ANY SUCCESS, WILL CALL IT THE ANTEDILLO, PER YOUR PREVIOUS ALLUSION. I HAVE AN OBSESSION WITH A LARGE, SMOOTH SINUSOIDAL MACD VARIANCE GRAPH AND AM TRY TO WRITE THE CODE TO FILTER THIS PATTERN. SOMEWHERE IN THIS VISUAL, LIES THE ANSWER.

AGAIN, THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR WORK. BY DISSECTING YOUR CODE I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MAKE STRIDES IN CREATING MY OWN. INDEED, YOUR POST OF THE PANGOLIN Z CODE BECAME MY TEXTBOOK. THINK OF YOURSELF AS A MENTOR TO A 75 YR OLD HIGH SCHOOL DROP-OUT.

GRAFTONIAN

SFMc01
358 posts
msg #123129
Ignore SFMc01
3/11/2015 10:23:07 PM

graftonian: I know it's a bother, but, Would you please post the exact filter you are presently using along with your trading rules?

Thank you

Steve

agawfi
6 posts
msg #123130
Ignore agawfi
modified
3/12/2015 2:41:19 AM

Kevin,
A question for you regarding the stop loss. I noticed that the stop loss is dynamically calculated and it changes from the day of the trigger. Do you use the stop loss calculated on the day of the trigger and keep it for the whole duration while holding the stock or do you change it every day based on your formula: SET{STOPLOSS, LIMITENTRY - 2ATR} ???

Also, I wanted to thank you for your generous contributions in this thread and all previous threads ! They are very insightful and I have learned a lot from them.

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #123134
Ignore graftonian
3/12/2015 10:29:47 AM

STEVE
DO NOT KNOW HOW TO POST THE FULL CODE TO SHARE, BUT IT ON PAGE 1 OF THIS THREAD, PLUS THE MODS I MENTIONED EARLIER. I HAVE COPIED THE RESULTS AND SYSTEM SUMMARY, BUT DO NOT KNOW HOW TO POST THEM. EMAIL SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY OPTION, BUT NOT VERY PUBLIC
GRAFTONIAN

arresseyetwo
3 posts
msg #123135
Ignore arresseyetwo
3/12/2015 10:40:47 AM

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #123152
Ignore graftonian
3/12/2015 2:48:00 PM

iwonderedhowlongitwouldbebeforesomeonebitchedaboutmycapslockbutwhenyougettobeasoldand blindasiamyouwillunderstand
BY THE WAY YOU ARE OFFICIALLY IGNORED

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #123154
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
3/12/2015 3:03:26 PM

@jimmyjazz

My point was that since the filter will not track prior trades (once you are in them) you can set up a watchlist, populate it with the trades you are currently monitoring, and add a column showing the reversersi(2,90) - that is the limit order exit for the next day, and needs to be updated for each trade.

@graftonian
Glad to be helping you (and others) better understand and exploit SF syntax. It is fairly versatile once you understand things like user-defined variables and set{} statements

@agawfi
Do you use the stop loss calculated on the day of the trigger and keep it for the whole duration while holding the stock or do you change it every day based on your formula: SET{STOPLOSS, LIMITENTRY - 2ATR} ???

You keep it at the value from the day the signal is triggered - no updating the stop loss, only the profit target.

Also, I wanted to thank you for your generous contributions in this thread and all previous threads ! They are very insightful and I have learned a lot from them.

You're welcome.

four
5,087 posts
msg #123159
Ignore four
modified
3/12/2015 7:18:03 PM

graftonian

Polite observation.

Pressing CTRL and plus sign will zoom in / magnify.

Pressing CTRL and minus sign will zoom out.

SFMc01
358 posts
msg #123161
Ignore SFMc01
3/12/2015 7:42:52 PM

graftonian re "3/12/2015 10:29:47 AM

STEVE
DO NOT KNOW HOW TO POST THE FULL CODE TO SHARE, BUT IT ON PAGE 1 OF THIS THREAD, PLUS THE MODS I MENTIONED EARLIER. I HAVE COPIED THE RESULTS AND SYSTEM SUMMARY, BUT DO NOT KNOW HOW TO POST THEM. EMAIL SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY OPTION, BUT NOT VERY PUBLIC
GRAFTONIAN"

Thanks very much. My email is "SFMc01@aol.com"
I appreciate it.

Steve

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · PANGOLIN Z AND PANGOLIN W - FULL SYSTEM CODE<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.