StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · PANGOLIN Z AND PANGOLIN W - FULL SYSTEM CODE<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 >>Post Follow-up
sohailmithani
192 posts
msg #124399
Ignore sohailmithani
7/17/2015 9:36:21 AM

Hi Kevin,

Wrote the following in response to your post for Iron Condor. Thought you would be able to respond if this is posted here where you are more regularly visiting:

Have been using Iron Condors in paper trades. Wondering why we look for delta 0.1 or below and not 0.2 or below with expiry say 3-4 weeks instead of 2 weeks. We can book profits at around 50% and sell more IC (closing earlier ones though).

Also, did you ever consider Implied Volatility in IC trades. These days IV for more indices is very low so can't have big strike ranges and make less money in premiums too.

Need also your thoughts on why QQQ and USO excluded. Both have comparatively higher IV historically (even these days have better IV than SPY, GLD and IWM). Would you recommend some stocks like AAPL to be included.

Your thoughts on the above would be helpful.

Thanks

amtmail
34 posts
msg #124402
Ignore amtmail
7/17/2015 6:13:00 PM

Thank you Kevin for your help

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #124405
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
7/18/2015 9:13:47 AM

Wrote the following in response to your post for Iron Condor. Thought you would be able to respond if this is posted here where you are more regularly visiting:

I saw it in the other forum. Please try to avoid cross-posting these types of requests into other threads.

Have been using Iron Condors in paper trades. Wondering why we look for delta 0.1 or below and not 0.2 or below with expiry say 3-4 weeks instead of 2 weeks. We can book profits at around 50% and sell more IC (closing earlier ones though).

Also, did you ever consider Implied Volatility in IC trades. These days IV for more indices is very low so can't have big strike ranges and make less money in premiums too.

Need also your thoughts on why QQQ and USO excluded. Both have comparatively higher IV historically (even these days have better IV than SPY, GLD and IWM). Would you recommend some stocks like AAPL to be included.

Your thoughts on the above would be helpful.

The simple answer is that is not how I chose to develop and trade the system. The suggestions you made here are fine to try but they were not what I chose to do - Pangolin IC was my attempt at finding a relatively simple option trade strategy that had a high chance of profitable trades, but the truth is that one weird move (like GOOG yesterday) will wipe out several months of slow and steady equity growth. Ultimately this was not where I wanted to be as a trader but I know it suits others just fine.

Why not start a new thread and post your trades? Solicit feedback to get better at what you are trying to do from members here. That's basically what I did, and I learned that other approaches suit my style and temperament better.

Kevin

sohailmithani
192 posts
msg #124408
Ignore sohailmithani
7/18/2015 1:54:22 PM

Thanks for your advice as always.

champbc85
2 posts
msg #127870
Ignore champbc85
4/6/2016 10:00:23 PM

I started trading Pangolin Z yesterday. Will keep you posted on my real results every few months.

Gary3302
5 posts
msg #128506
Ignore Gary3302
5/16/2016 11:02:25 PM

Kevin, thanks for posting these. Can you explain the principle differences between Pangolin Z and Pangolin W.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #128509
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
5/17/2016 9:37:28 AM

Pangolin Z looks at the relative strength of a S&P 500 stock against its index, and buys when the ratio of the two stocks deviates significantly from its average relationship. Pangolin W is a "buy the dip" system that looks for short-term weakness within a longer term upward trend.

chasj
24 posts
msg #128784
Ignore chasj
5/27/2016 9:05:45 AM

How about a Short version?

kjbyrd4602
2 posts
msg #129469
Ignore kjbyrd4602
modified
6/28/2016 9:02:13 AM

Thanks Kevin for your info. I am a new trader here and struggling to learn from the best mentors..
If ever in South Carolina, do give me a shout. I'd love to meet you and pick your brain for an hour.
Thanks Again from
Kevin in South Carolina
Adiamond4less@aol.com

DVMayfied
8 posts
msg #135907
Ignore DVMayfied
5/15/2017 1:41:22 AM

What is the exit strategy of this system? Are people just waiting till they hit the price target or stop loss? Or exit when z score is back over -1? Is there a time limit on how long you hold (e.g 20days)?

Thanks so much!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · PANGOLIN Z AND PANGOLIN W - FULL SYSTEM CODE<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.