StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · ParabolicSAR<< >>Post Follow-up
decipherlinda
133 posts
msg #61090
Ignore decipherlinda
4/4/2008 1:41:37 PM

New kid on the block here so I'm a little out of my element.

Has anyone developed a ParabolicSAR so that it can be used to filter stocks?

decipherlinda
133 posts
msg #61091
Ignore decipherlinda
4/4/2008 1:51:36 PM

Can't believe I didn't see the prior ParabolicSar filter section. Thanks rtucker!

cdance
17 posts
msg #61115
Ignore cdance
4/4/2008 10:34:14 PM

hey decipherlinda ----- i'm the poster of the latest Parabolic SAR thread. I'd be interested to work with you on any ideas......

decipherlinda
133 posts
msg #61162
Ignore decipherlinda
4/6/2008 7:10:50 PM

Hi Cdance

Would be very interested in working with you. Should we move discussion to "General Discussion" or share an email and continue offline?

cdance
17 posts
msg #61210
Ignore cdance
4/8/2008 12:19:38 AM

We can just post here..what's your current filter? Mine is above,

decipherlinda
133 posts
msg #61219
Ignore decipherlinda
4/8/2008 9:11:38 AM

Cdance, I can see from your post on your ParabolicSAR that you're way ahead of me. I was interested in filtering for new uptrends with SAR. I don't think it's a perfect option but tends to coincide with a crossover MA(3) or (5) although they both come to the party late at times. There was an article in Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities last year about using MA's this way and mentioned SAR at the end when they found there were a lot of whipsaws they couldn't get around. I look to combine this type of timing with strategies for finding good stocks. Not satisfied with IBD's. Neophyte here.

Where do you stand on the debate about charting being all you need to know about a stock is its chart?

decipherlinda
133 posts
msg #61241
Ignore decipherlinda
4/8/2008 5:53:42 PM

I was looking for a simple screener for stocks that had just turned positive using SARS. Here it is:

Show stocks where high > Parabolic Sar
and high 1 day ago < Parabolic Sar 1 day ago

rtucker
318 posts
msg #61247
Ignore rtucker
4/8/2008 7:55:19 PM

"strategies for finding good stocks. Not satisfied with IBD's. Neophyte here.
Where do you stand on the debate about charting being all you need to know about a stock is its chart?"

All known IS in the chart and, thats not good enough for a lot of people.

If you are looking for context try this guy:

http://www.fundmymutualfund.com/

Read his last six months and you will see he has a pretty good idea of where the momentum is / will be.

Use his site for stock selection. Come here and read these forums for how to trade'em

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · ParabolicSAR<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.