StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Price Filter Help<< >>Post Follow-up
maulding
8 posts
msg #90339
Ignore maulding
3/25/2010 2:54:53 PM

Can anybody tell me if stockfetcher can screen the whole universe of stocks for the largest percentage price gainers in the last six months, and list them in order?

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #90346
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
3/25/2010 3:23:17 PM

Yup.

Fetcher[

set{6monthgain, close / close 120 days ago}

add column 6monthgain

sort on column 5
]

However, many of the "highest gainers" are not really of much use, since they may not have been trading six months ago.

I might suggest adding a line like "average volume(120) above 100000" to eliminate those.

maulding
8 posts
msg #90347
Ignore maulding
3/25/2010 3:31:47 PM

Thanks so much for your time and knowledge. Can I bother you for two more? Trying to put together a custom screen, and this is the first time I've done this on SF. Can one scan for a P/S ratio of less than a certain number...say .5? And is there anything in SF regarding broker ratings? Thanks again.

maulding
8 posts
msg #90355
Ignore maulding
3/25/2010 4:47:31 PM

Maybe I stated my request wrong...then again maybe I've just got a mental block on how this works. I probably should have stated...is there a way to take an existing watch list, and rank it from top to bottom by the largest percentage price gains over the past 6 months? That's really what I need to do, but not having much luck with the watchlists. Thanks in advance.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #90358
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
3/25/2010 5:03:01 PM

add the line "apply to watchlist(put the watchlist name in here)".

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Price Filter Help<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.