StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Putting the squeeze on the stocks can work well<< >>Post Follow-up
betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #51136
Ignore betyerbottomdollar
modified
4/15/2007 6:02:03 PM

No, I don't have a life.

I spent my entire Sunday playing around with different screens based on the bollinger band squeeze (sorry God, maybe I will make it to church next week). After loads of subtle tweaking I came up with a screen that returned 82% winners from 15 April, 2005 to 14 April, 2007. I have to say, I am happy with the results, but is the true measure of a screens success in the percent of winners to losers, the Risk/Reward (2.31) or the ROI% (28.43%)? Of course, the ultimate way is to put my portfolio on the line but I would like to spend a few more Sundays studying this before I throw my hard-earned cash into the markets.

What do you guys (and gals) think? And do you have any screens that trump mine? And suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Fetcher[
show stocks where Bollinger Width(20) reached a new 6 month low
and draw Bollinger Band(20)
and Volume increasing for the last 4 Days
and EMA(100) increasing for the last 2 Weeks
and Close above 50
and average volume(10) is above 100000
]

durgin
60 posts
msg #51144
Ignore durgin
4/16/2007 8:30:46 AM

Don't you mean "Close above 5"? Even with 5 -- you only get a few stocks.

betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #51164
Ignore betyerbottomdollar
4/16/2007 6:46:51 PM

Nope, close above 50. The two-year time frame traded only 22 stocks closing above 50 for an 82% win rate (that is less than one stock a month). BUT if you are putting your entire portfolio on the line each time you trade, an 82% win rate (gaining 10% each trade) is going to more than double your $$ annually. Pretty good I would say.

I had tried the scan with stocks closing above 5 which resulted in many more trades (which equal commissions in real life) and a win rate of about 60-something percent.

If you can figure out a way to squeeze a better percentage of winning trades out of lower-priced stocks, by all means, let me know. That is why we are here, right? :)

Cheers, Casey

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Putting the squeeze on the stocks can work well<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.