StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RIGGS, need your help in a bad way<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
killertrader
18 posts
msg #45299
Ignore killertrader
6/26/2006 8:10:16 PM

I'm looking for a filter that will get me in and out in a week or so with mostly wins. I've seen your MACD-H filters, and the RSI(2) variants. I work during the day, and can't daytrade, so I have to swing trade. Can you put me on a scan to accomodate me? I appreciate your posts.

killertrader

seoulman
8 posts
msg #45307
Ignore seoulman
6/26/2006 11:45:58 PM

Riggs,

If you don't mind, I'd like to "tag along" the info provided to KillerTrader. I trade exactly the same way -- swing trade using end of day data due to day job. Portfolio performance has been dismal. I'm new to Stockfetcher, and am amazed at the talent here.

Thanks.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #45322
Ignore TheRumpledOne
6/27/2006 10:13:24 AM

May I suggest you follow a few stocks, like Mark Crisp does, and ride them instead of looking for something new each day.

HANS, TIE, and VOL I believe are Mark's current picks.

Use the WARM FILTER DISPLAY, ZOOM LENS and/or STOCK DASHBOARD displays in a watch list to keep tabs on these.

HTH.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

Birkoff
4 posts
msg #45341
Ignore Birkoff
6/28/2006 12:34:24 AM

WALLSTREETGENIUS,

Thank you for posting this great information.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #45338
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
6/28/2006 9:04:08 AM

Killertrader & Seoulman,

Sorry I couldn't get to you sooner. Not being able to get into stocks intraday, does make it tough sometimes....but as you both know, it's not essential! So in order to find the right timing...what do you need? TIME! You need enough time to gather some profits. How many times have you both entered a trade, only to see the damn thing reverse the very next day? Too damn many from my experience!

Why does this happen? It's maket cycles! You CANNOT trade against the market period! If the market is in overbought territory, then you will be left holding the bag everytime! So the next safest time to buy, is when the market has bottomed. This happens usually 3 or 4 times a year.And this filter I'm gonna show you, is the most perfect bottom finder you will see on this site. Just one catch though....the market MUST be in "oversold" levels. But that's perfect for the next few days, because the "market' WILL be in that exact situation.

When you see this filter with 20-100 results, that's telling you that short sellers are coving, and it's time to start buying again. Then find your price ranged stocks, and turn to a 10-day 60-minute chart. I don't look at a time frame lower than the 60-min. chart, because there are too many undefinable Candlestick patters(Too many Doji's)in the 5 & 15 minute. Load up the Linear Regression Line(60), and DMA(28,-14). Wait for a slight pullback to the bottom of the LOWER band, and make sure "DMA" is above price horizontally. When that happens....put in a "Buy" market order and go to work! That's it! Make sure you are well schooled in Candlestick formations, and know when to get out! Keep a close eye on the market in general, and watch the press releases for your stocks!

Now let's spend a little time on the filter itself, and break it down piece-by-piece....

********************************************************************************

#1."Show stocks where 2 day slope of DMA(28,-14)is above 0
DMA(28,-14)is more than 3% above close"

In my extensive research, I found when prices fall and DMA(28,-14)stops falling and shoots out to the right in a STRAIGHT HORIZONTAL pattern, that's about as bullish as it gets! Then if you couple that with a "white Candle" after a reversal Candle, and DMA is at least 3% above the white candle's open, you are ready to go long brother!

#2."MACD Histogram(4,8)is increasing the last 1-day
MACD Histogram(4,8)1-day ago had been decreasing the last 1-day
Set{MACDDiff, MACD fast line(4,8) - MACD slow line(4,8) }
set{MACDb,days(MACDDiff is above MACDDiff 1 day ago,100)}
set{MACDa,days(MACDDiff is below MACDDiff 1 day ago,100)}
set{MACDX, MACDa - MACDb}"

Everyone loves and uses the MACD Histogram(12,26). But the problem is, it's great for long term, but doesn't get you in or out soon enough. So I use a (4,8)period for those entries. You'll notice if you put the 4,8 and the 12,26 next to each other, the 4,8 will always be a couple of steps AHEAD of the 12,26. So when you see the "white candle" at the bottom of your chart, that will most likely be when the MACD(4,8)ticks up from the bottom. You'll need that to happen! The " MACD set" phraseology will be on the filter page when the stocks pull up. Look for the "MACDX". If you see "1 or 2," that's telling you how many days ago the Histogram ticked up. TheRumpledOne came up with this engenius addition.

#3. "Draw EMA(5) and Draw MA(20)"

This is crucial! You want the EMA(5)to always be UNDER price while it's going up! While this is happening, the MA(20)will be falling to meet price. During your new uptrend....you will see some consolidation when the EMA(5)and the MA(20)start to converge. Keep an eye on your support and resistance areas when this happens. In order to stay long...you need that EMA(5)to cross that MA(20), to give the stock some time to make NEW highs, or get to the next resistance levels.

#4."ACCUMULATION WARM POP-80"

This will show up on your SF charts at the bottom. It will show you lines of Accumulation Distribution(Red), Williams %R-7(Blue), RSI-7(Green), and CCI-7(Purple). They are all ploted on 1-single chart to help you see all these Oscillators collectively and more clearly. You want to see them "ALL" rising at the bottom with that "white" candlestick.

Well guys...that about it. I know I'm leaving something out, but remember....trade WITH the market, and not against it. You're gonna see some nice results to this filter, after the market bottoms here in the next few days, so get ready! If there's anything else I can help with....just let me know okay?.....

P.S- If you look to where the market bottomed in the past....play around with the "offset 0." Example: Enter "offset 6/14/06", and it will show you the stocks that started to take off when the bottom rally began. This will give you an idea of just how incredible this filter really is.....

****** "DMA IS THE ONLY WAY!" ******

Fetcher[Show stocks where 2 day slope of DMA(28,-14)is above 0
DMA(28,-14)is more than 3% above close
MACD Histogram(4,8)is increasing the last 1-day
MACD Histogram(4,8)1-day ago had been decreasing the last 1-day
Set{MACDDiff, MACD fast line(4,8) - MACD slow line(4,8) }
set{MACDb,days(MACDDiff is above MACDDiff 1 day ago,100)}
set{MACDa,days(MACDDiff is below MACDDiff 1 day ago,100)}
set{MACDX, MACDa - MACDb}
Draw EMA(5)
Draw MA(20)
Average volume(90)is above 100000
Add column DMA(28,-14)
Add column MACDX
sort column 2 descending
close is between 2 and 20
offset 0

/* ACCUMULATION WARM POP-80 */

/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE RSI(7) */

set{rsval, INDPOSITION(RSI(7), 60) * 100}

/* NORMALIZE CCI(7) */

set{ccval, INDPOSITION(CCI(7), 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE williams %R(7) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %R(7), 60) * 100 }

and draw wrval
and draw adval on plot wrval
and draw rsval on plot wrval
and draw ccval on plot wrval

add column adval
add column ccval
add column rsval
add column wrval

rsval is increasing 1-day
wrval is increasing 1-day
]

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #45343
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
6/28/2006 9:10:47 AM

WALLSTREETGENIUS,

Thank you for posting this great information.

Birkoff, it was my pleasure....

- RIGGS -

seoulman
8 posts
msg #45345
Ignore seoulman
6/28/2006 10:18:08 AM

Rumpled One
WallStreetGenius

I just knew both of you would jump in with generous suggestions. Thank you both. Rumpled, I will find a few "tracking" stocks starting with Mark's favorites and put them in a watch list.

Genius. Oh Man, this is why you are so revered on these boards. Thank you SO MUCH for the detailed explanation and bottom finding filter. I am heading off to Asia tomorrow for 3 weeks. I'll have access to the internet and will set up your filter. I'll then review again your other posts such as Histogram Magic, etc. I read elsewhere that you are adamant about using CCI as an indicator for tops. Though I have enough to work with now, perhaps we can review later getting out of stocks, and market tops.

Thank you guys so much again. So much talent and experience here. Mind blowing....

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #45346
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
6/28/2006 10:46:40 AM

seoulman -

While in Asia....pick me up some of that awesome "Chinese Green Tea", will ya? Hey, thanks for the kind words....but I think "revered" might be stretching it a little there. LOL...But thanks none-the-less! Listen....this is gonna be a great filter for ya....I hope you truely enjoy it! If you need further help....e-mail me at wallstreetgenius01@yahoo.com, and together we'll start talking about exits, using CCI and a few others. Peace.

- Rick Riggs -

killertrader
18 posts
msg #45349
Ignore killertrader
6/28/2006 2:08:49 PM

RIGGS/WSG:

You're the man. Going to make me work for it. It's going to take me a while to figure out how to trade this, but if it was easy there wouldn't be any point. Thanks!

KillerT

predator
8 posts
msg #45358
Ignore predator
6/28/2006 9:00:09 PM

Hi Riggs.

Just wanted to thank you for posting your filter. I'm fairly new to Stockfetcher and still learning. It's great that you guy's will share your knowledge with the rest of us. Also thanks for such a quick reply to my e-mail last night.
John

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RIGGS, need your help in a bad way<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.