StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI PLOTS OVERBOUGHT & OVERSOLD "DIG PREDICTIVE RSI"<< >>Post Follow-up
mslattery@dc.rr.com
91 posts
msg #98711
Ignore mslattery@dc.rr.com
1/23/2011 2:54:58 AM

I came across this "Profits" filter that plots OB & OS prices right on the candle chart. It looks useful. I searched this site and could not find anything that seem to duplicate it.

Here is a link to the posting: http://www.protradingindicators.com/tradestation-indicators/dig-predictive-rsi

If anyone is aware of a filter on SF that replicates this. I would love to know about it.

The link above states that it's produced by deconstructing RSI.

Thanks All!

Michael

mslattery@dc.rr.com
91 posts
msg #98714
Ignore mslattery@dc.rr.com
modified
1/23/2011 1:02:13 PM

Now that I am awake I went back and read the description again.

The Indicator plots on the Chart future Prediction of the price movement need to reach the Over Sold and Over Bought Zones.
The indicator consists of 2 Lines the Upper line indicates the Future Price needed so that the RSI will reach the OverBought Zone. The Lower line indicates the Future Price needed so that the RSI will reach the OverSold Zone.

Hope this adds some light to the question which becomes how do you calculate the difference between current price and the values that would make it reach 80 or 20?

It's a relatively simple process to subtract the current RSI from 100 and determine the difference between 80 and 20 but that does not provide you with the current price value to obtain those values.

In over my head on this one. Hope someone can assist?

Thanks, Michael

smartguy
47 posts
msg #99304
Ignore smartguy
2/21/2011 3:11:08 PM

This might not be exactly what you had in mind, but you can plug in any stock you are watching and sort of solve the predicitve part of predicitve RSI/ You can plug iin any value you wish - http://www.tradingmarkets.com/free-tools/rsi-solver

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI PLOTS OVERBOUGHT & OVERSOLD "DIG PREDICTIVE RSI"<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.