StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Request for Filter Help fron New User<< >>Post Follow-up
dougn
8 posts
msg #124959
Ignore dougn
modified
9/12/2015 10:39:03 AM

I hope this is the correct place to post this question.

My trading experience is pretty good but code and filter writing experience is at the kindergarten level. The hope is some of you might help me figure out how to complete this filter to test and see if its any good.

The purpose of the filter is to catch stronger stocks or etfs that are above their EMA (200) but are experiencing temporary weakness and with a bounce yesterday.

So using RSI (2) as I've had some success with this oversold reversion to the mean trade.

Here is what I have so far...
Price above 5
Volume > 100000
RSI(2) 1 day ago was below 20 for the last 2 days
and RSI(2) crossed above 20
and draw RSI(2) line at 80
and draw RSI(2) line at 20

So as it states RSI(2) deeply oversold for the last 2 days then yesterday bounces to above the 20 line. So:
1. I'm not sure if this is even correct so far
2. I want this to only apply to symbols that are above the EMA (200) and I don't know how to get that in.

As your help clarifies and completes the filter the plan is to reverse it to seek out that will look for shorts that are experiencing a bounce but that are under the EMA (200).

Thanks!
Doug

four
5,087 posts
msg #124963
Ignore four
modified
9/12/2015 1:26:59 PM

/* I want this to only apply to symbols that are above the EMA (200) and I don't know how to get that in. */ price > ema(200)

Fetcher[
Price above 5
price > ema(200)
Volume > 100000
RSI(2) 1 day ago was below 20 for the last 2 days
and RSI(2) crossed above 20
and draw RSI(2) line at 80
and draw RSI(2) line at 20
]

dougn
8 posts
msg #124965
Ignore dougn
9/13/2015 10:57:48 AM

thank you four...makes perfect sense!
Doug

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Request for Filter Help fron New User<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.