StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · SF 2.0 CHART Question<< >>Post Follow-up
mslattery@dc.rr.com
91 posts
msg #98596
Ignore mslattery@dc.rr.com
1/15/2011 9:55:09 PM

The following filter when viewed in SF 2.0 draws real_body and True_range much to my suprise.
It does this without me utilizing the draw instruction ;?)

What I have been unable to accomplish is getting it to draw the close on the same graph or plot.

I set it as a variable and assigned it the value of close but it did not do the trick.

If there is a trick to getting two or three indicators to draw on the same graph that would be really helpful as well.

Can someone kindly inform me how to accomplish this?

Thanks, Michael

set {range1, High + Low}
set {true_range, range1 / 2}
set {body1, Open + Close}
set {real_body, body1 / 2}
set {close1, close}
set {TStrength, close - real_body}
Show stocks where close > real_body
and real_body > true_range
add column close1
add column real_body
add column true_range
add column TStrength
sort column TStrenght decending

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #98611
Ignore mahkoh
1/16/2011 3:26:23 PM

Fetcher[
set {range1, High + Low}
set {close1, close}
set {TStrength, close - real_body}
add column close1
add column real_body
add column true_range
add column TStrength
sort column TStrenght descending

draw close1 on plot real_body
]

One question: Sorting the TStrength value sets all the stocks with high $ value on top. Should you not do something like divide Tstrength by the close to get a more relative value ?

mslattery@dc.rr.com
91 posts
msg #98613
Ignore mslattery@dc.rr.com
1/17/2011 1:27:04 AM

That's a very good point. I originally wanted to be able to see the relationship between the close and the real body. Since each element is calculating the center point of the days trading action If the close his higher than that center point then it's a strong close.

You suggestion is much better as it provides a ratio showing you relative strength not just the difference between the two.

Here is the entire filter chain. The goal is to find strong stocks that should have momentum after volume spikes.

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your assistance.

Show stocks where the close > ma(10)
and ma(10) > ema(30)
and ema(30) > ma(200)
draw ma(10)
draw ema(30)
draw ma(200) remove · edit
set {range1, High + Low}
set {close1, close}
set {TStrength, close / real_body}
add column close1
add column real_body
add column true_range
add column TStrength
draw close1 on plot real_body
set {VolStrength1, Avg Vol(10)}
set {VolStrength2, Volume / VolStrength1}
set {VolStrength, VolStrength2*100}
add column VolStrength {VOL-STRENGTHl}
4 day slope of VolStrength > 0.10
show stocks where VolStrength > 300
and show stocks where VolStrength > 100 last 2 days
sort column VolStrength descending

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · SF 2.0 CHART Question<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.