StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · SMA 20 Crossing Down SMA 5<< >>Post Follow-up
ahcsim72
151 posts
msg #125081
Ignore ahcsim72
modified
9/18/2015 11:47:23 AM

I don't know what I am doing but I want to create a filter that shows stocks where their SMA20 is "about to cross down" SMA5, not already crossed... I think you know what I mean.. Can someone help?

And

Slow Stochastic %K (14) about to cross %D (3)...

Two separate filters.. or can they be combined?

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #125088
Ignore mahkoh
9/18/2015 6:56:09 PM

I'm assuming you mean ma 5 about to cross below ma 20 and not sure what you're trying to do with the Stochastics.

First determine that ma 5 and stoch %k(14) have been above ma 20 and stoch %d(3) for a while, here I chose 10 days.
The lower code ensures that they are close, in this case ma 5 can be up to 2 % above ma 20 and %k(14) can be up to 10% greater than %d(3)

Fetcher[
S&P 500
count(ma(5) above ma(20),10) above 9
count(slow stochastic %K(14) above slow stochastic %D(3),10) above 9

set{macross, ma(5) / ma(20)}
macross between 1 and 1.02
set{stochcross, slow stochastic %K(14) / slow stochastic %D(3)}
stochcross between 1 and 1.1
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · SMA 20 Crossing Down SMA 5<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.