StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Short filter gone bad?<< >>Post Follow-up
deejal
45 posts
msg #52768
Ignore deejal
7/3/2007 2:43:24 AM

This filter was posted (I forget by whom) and it was indicated that it was a good short filter. Every time I take a look at it...it would produce excellent results for an actual long filter. Is there something wrong with this filter for a short?

Close is near upper Bollinger Bands(20,2)
close is below open
and price is above 5
MACD Histogram(4,8)has been decreasing 1-day
MACD Histogram(4,8)1-day ago had been increasing
2-day slope of MA(20)is above 0
MA(20)is more than 2% below close
average volume(90)is above 100000

Having used this filter for longs for the past five days (6/25/07) would have been great... for longs. The results are very good. But, i want it short.

deejal
45 posts
msg #52769
Ignore deejal
7/3/2007 2:44:07 AM

I apologize, I don't know how to make them clickable.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #52775
Ignore maxreturn
modified
7/3/2007 10:59:03 AM

Hello Deejal...don't know about your filter but all you need to do to make them clickable is to put the the word fetcher followed by a bracket before your first line of code. Example...fetcher]

Then simply put a bracket immediately following your last line of code. example...]

Here's your code

Fetcher[Close is near upper Bollinger Bands(20,2)
close is below open
and price is above 5
MACD Histogram(4,8)has been decreasing 1-day
MACD Histogram(4,8)1-day ago had been increasing
2-day slope of MA(20)is above 0
MA(20)is more than 2% below close
average volume(90)is above 100000
]

Regards
Max

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #52778
Ignore nikoschopen
7/3/2007 11:31:24 AM

Trying to front-run the stock thinking that it will drop just because it hit the upper Bollinger band is really not a wise idea. Depending on its width, if the slope of the Bollinger is up, it will more often continue going up rather than reverse. A good gauge to use in analyzing this is to overlay the Bollinger with a Keltner channel of smaller time period (I use the 7-period Keltner).

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Short filter gone bad?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.