StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Short term filter no STATS<< >>Post Follow-up
Sqwii
160 posts
msg #67523
Ignore Sqwii
9/19/2008 2:55:37 PM

I know that TRO have a LOT of great filters with STATS, but I can't really figure out to which stock to "TRADE" because its about entry and exit point with these stats and I think its quite difficult.

What I am looking for is a filter where I can buy a stock and mostly hold it for 2-3 days... and then I mean try to catch stocks "on the move"....

The best filter I have been looking for so far is Black Belt filter which indicate longs and shorts, but I dont know if there is any other filter which works more properly....

I saw also some bollinger squeezed filters.. which also looked quite nice, but if you can help me with such a filter please write it to me. And TRO I know that your stat filters are really good if you are a TRADER.. but I am not trading stocks, I want to hold them more than 1 day, about 2-3 days...

So any good filters where you can find stocks on the move and popping and maybe go on the ride ? Please help me

And thank you for sharing :)!

Have a nice day :-)

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #67524
Ignore maxreturn
9/19/2008 3:35:20 PM

Sqwii, have you attempted to write any filters on your own yet? Have you read the manual or searched the forums and tried to learn from the code of others?

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #67525
Ignore Sqwii
9/19/2008 3:46:53 PM

maxreturn I have researched now for more than 1 month and tried everything !

But if I just search breakout or bollinger scan there comes like 100 different filters ? What is the big deal just to help me with a filter which works very good?

I have tried so many now and I also said Black belt works quite good, but if you have another favorite one why not help me? :(

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #67526
Ignore FuriousThug
9/19/2008 4:13:12 PM

Sqwii:

I don't think you're going to get the answer you want. While a lot of the filters on this forum are day-trade-focused, the swing trade filters require more than just an automatic buy or sell signal. And with the current state of the market, you'll be hard pressed to identify ANY of them that are as reliable as you appear to want.

Look at the filters that are designed for what you're trying to do.
Look at their historical performance.
Look at the indicators (position and direction) on those historical results that fared well and try to determine the best clues.

You'll find winners on many of these filters...but they won't jump out at you and say "Pick me! Pick me!" You'll have to do the work beyond a mouse click.

FT

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #67527
Ignore Sqwii
9/19/2008 4:30:17 PM

Furious I see
I also saw you made a Elder ray filter.. but is this also only for day trading??

I can see that this forum is for daytraders only ? but I also saw some guys menitoned to hold a stock for 1-3 days...

But is it possible to make a filter then where you hold the stock for 1-3 days? There must be and I am not a expert on this so I trust on many of you guys..

But you guys have been trading for many years and why can't you give me some help?

I would be so happy if you could help me :-)

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #67529
Ignore FuriousThug
9/19/2008 5:14:39 PM

I haven't been trading for many years...not even a year.

There's info and filters here for Swing Trading (the Elder Ray being one of them)...you just have to focus on those.

And I haven't been using the Elder Ray filters because I don't feel comfortable with them yet...especially in this market.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #67531
Ignore chetron
modified
9/19/2008 6:39:55 PM

THE BEST SWING TRADER FILTER EVER MADE, IMHO

OR CLICK ME

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #67537
Ignore luc1grunt
9/20/2008 7:09:06 AM

look at some of muddies bottom filters. It is not a "be all, end all", but you may find an education in the system if you study it and watch it in action.

As with all systems, there is inherent risk. Especially with bottom feeders. BUT...application of money management (another education if you do not already possess it) will likely prove it as a viable system.

It can be traded well over a 1-4 day period.

As stated in above posts....this current market is tough for systems because of continuous FED and bank news. Many lemmings and unforeseen events are clouding the "normal" chaos to an even greater extent.

:)

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #67538
Ignore Sqwii
9/20/2008 7:40:42 AM

Thanks for all the replys everybody :) Really thank you :)

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Short term filter no STATS<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.