StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Smart Money Index (first & last 1/2 hours of mkt. days)<< >>Post Follow-up
glgene
613 posts
msg #102771
Ignore glgene
9/29/2011 11:10:57 PM

Is it possible, within SF, to design a script that will only look at market activity from 9:30 till 10:00, and 3:30 till 4:00?

Saw a recent article titled 'Smart Money Index' and it spoke about this.

Gene

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #102774
Ignore mahkoh
modified
9/30/2011 3:47:55 AM

I don't think so as SF uses end of day data. Garsworld's stockvision recently added a filter in the software that looks for stocks breaking out of the opening range. If that is what you are looking for you may want to check that out. www.garsworld.com

straken
469 posts
msg #102776
Ignore straken
9/30/2011 2:27:37 PM

Gene,
What you are looking for is an executable RT filter. I dont know of anyone who offers such, I built mine. You execute it based not on time but to scan bars. (i.e. on the 5 min chart the scan runs from bar 72 to 78) for the last 1/2 hour of the market.
For you to do this you would need your own data collector (server) and data plan, including exchange fees. You decide what type of database you want to hold the queryable data. I built small custom java applets to query data but my system is designed primarily for options trading. Tradestation may have a command line for filtering based on timing bar numbers with certain packages. You may want to give TRO (resident TS guru) a direct question about, he should be able to tell you for sure.

duke56468
683 posts
msg #102779
Ignore duke56468
9/30/2011 4:36:30 PM

mahkoh is right,garsworld
seems to be the most reasonable real-time screener for the money. Check him out I think he still has a free one or two week trial.

optionplayer333
801 posts
msg #102780
Ignore optionplayer333
9/30/2011 4:59:32 PM

yes you can do graphs on advfn.com for 1 day and see the buy and sell volume in the same bar 5-10-15-30-and 60 minutes> to get it live it is 10$/month

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Smart Money Index (first & last 1/2 hours of mkt. days)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.