StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Statistical advantage of one filter over the other<< >>Post Follow-up
jackmack
334 posts
msg #111352
Ignore jackmack
modified
2/13/2013 12:56:05 PM

I have been messing around with the following filters and was wondering how to determine which one has the greater advantage from one over the other;

show stocks where Parabolic SAR(0.02,0.2) crossed under close in the past 2 days
price above 5
daily volume(30) above 5000000
draw ma(7)
draw ma(50)
sort on column 5 descending

show stocks where Parabolic SAR(0.02,0.2) crossed under close in the past 3 days
price above 5
draw ma(7)
draw ma(50)

show stocks where Parabolic SAR(0.02,0.2) crossed under close in the past 3 days
OBV has been increasing for 3 days
price above 5
draw ma(7)
draw ma(50)
DRAW Upper Bollinger Band(40,.4)

show stocks where Slow Stochastic(15,3) Slow %D crossed above 80
price above 5
draw ma(7)
draw ma(50)

*one take away I have noticed is that closing prices above ma(50) "seem" to have better candidates - but not always*

These return stocks that have turned positive recently but I am not certain how to effectively back test since I am looking for a means to select the "ONE" stock each day from the best of these four filters (whichever one that may be - which is why they need to be back tested properly) and then each successive day buy at the open using a market order then once order filled put a 3% sell stop above then exit.
So it would go - run the filter after the close - do a 2 day look back - choose the best performing stock from the filter - enter market order next day - set sell stop at 3% (no minimum number of days held).

Can anyone think of a way to tweak these filters to allow better more meaningful means of management and or tweak them to narrow the selected candidates allowing greater potential?

Thank you

*edit - I put wrong filter in for #4

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Statistical advantage of one filter over the other<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.