StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Stochastic Idea<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
ehansen6
28 posts
msg #66462
Ignore ehansen6
8/20/2008 2:06:36 PM

TRO, I'm just curious but you say it's how you trade, what is your strategy, I haven't found anything from previous posts. I understand what you do with the Gap Strategy. But the filter like the "Run Forest Run" do you play the numbers and trade 10 at a time watching each one closely, or do you just focus on 2 or 3? Do you Daytrade or Swing Trade or just go with the flow? How does your typical trading day go?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66471
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/20/2008 5:21:42 PM

TRO, I'm just curious but you say it's how you trade, what is your strategy, I haven't found anything from previous posts. I understand what you do with the Gap Strategy. But the filter like the "Run Forest Run" do you play the numbers and trade 10 at a time watching each one closely, or do you just focus on 2 or 3? Do you Daytrade or Swing Trade or just go with the flow? How does your typical trading day go?

=====================================================

I usually have ONE favorite that I trade. It was SPF but SPF has stopped moving. Now, I have RDN and ABK on my trade list. They are scalp trades that make 1% or more. I'll trade the ones that move the most and have plenty of volume.

Today, ABK ran up 4% from where I entered. Do you what happens in a year if you make 1% a day or more? You triple your account and that's WITHOUT compounding.

The best way to learn is to pick ONE stock and trade it every day for at least a month. Then you'll learn how to time your entries and exits. After the month is over, you may not want to trade anything else.

CSharpY
7 posts
msg #66485
Ignore CSharpY
8/20/2008 9:57:34 PM

If anyone's interested, you can find other articles by Sam Seiden, who wrote the article 1209 pointed out by TRO earlier, archived at: http://www.tradingacademy.com/newsletters.htm

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #66486
Ignore alf44
modified
8/20/2008 10:16:19 PM

"The best way to learn is to pick ONE stock and trade it every day for at least a month. Then you'll learn how to time your entries and exits."

---------------------------------------------------------

That is such great advice !!!

Sadly, it will most likely fall on deaf ears...as THAT would require a sustained focus and a commitment to actually studying the "price action" and good old fashioned "tape reading" !

That ain't gonna happen !!! LOL

People just want a "magical hologram Xray MRI filter thingie" (with 15 or more technical indicators) ... to spit out a list of stocks that (they think) will make them rich...with little effort !!!

SIGH !!!

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #66487
Ignore johnpaulca
8/21/2008 12:19:36 AM

You build a better house if you have good tools.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66490
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/21/2008 3:52:47 AM

1) Knowledge

2) Know How

3) Experience

4) The right tools for the job

You can have the best tools but without the first 3 the house will collapse.

ehansen6
28 posts
msg #66499
Ignore ehansen6
8/21/2008 10:42:11 AM

TRO, I see RDN and ABK from your "Run Forrest Run" List, what made you pick those ones out of the list of 1800 (sectors,volume,familiarity)? Also, as far as the "Gap Filling" filter are you also utilizing one stock from that list every morning within the first 1-60 minutes? Is it just an arbitrary pick from your list and then do you just become familiar with it, or is there more?

As far as the 1% you're preaching to the choir I agree and hope to be there soon

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66508
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/21/2008 11:58:47 AM

TRO, I see RDN and ABK from your "Run Forrest Run" List, what made you pick those ones out of the list of 1800 (sectors,volume,familiarity)? Also, as far as the "Gap Filling" filter are you also utilizing one stock from that list every morning within the first 1-60 minutes? Is it just an arbitrary pick from your list and then do you just become familiar with it, or is there more?

As far as the 1% you're preaching to the choir I agree and hope to be there soon

=========================================

I picked ABK and RDN because they "popped" the most times over the last 100 days AND because of volume. Don't want to be stuck in a thinly traded stock.

I FADE THE GAP with AAPL because of average gap size, range, volume and volatility.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66548
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/22/2008 8:08:21 AM

ABK and RDN popping in premarket.

Now do you see why?

P.S. I see SF has "cleaned up the place". I hope it stays that way.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #66557
Ignore chetron
modified
8/22/2008 10:58:32 AM

"clean up the place" implies something is DIRTY!

You meant to say MODIFY. LOL

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Stochastic Idea<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.