StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Strategy --> picking the top loosers of the day<< >>Post Follow-up
judgetrade
107 posts
msg #36977
Ignore judgetrade
7/19/2005 8:28:48 AM

I know I am in the wrong forum, but my question gets not answered in the backtesting forum:

What I would like to do is the following:
Run the filter, lets say get on average 5 hits.
Then the strategy should only pick the on that lost the most the day before.

There is a section "selection method":

Advanced Options
Selection Method: select by volume descending
Entry Price: open
Conditional Entry: No
Exit Price: open
Maximum Trades Per Day: 2
Maximum Open Positions: 25

What do I have to put into the field "Selection Method":
Something like "select by close ascending"?

Thank you.

Just had a look on the Battle Lines and traded 100 shares blocks yesterday to get a feeling about it: I never traded sucessfully intraday, but yesterday I had 4 trades and not one looser! I will try it on...
Thank you rump!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #36981
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/19/2005 10:42:14 PM

Glad the BATTLELINES/GRIDIRON TRADING STRATEGY was profitable for you.

Would you mind, detailing the trades..

time/date/stock/entry/exit/yard line trigger.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Strategy --> picking the top loosers of the day<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.