StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Symlist with a Watchlist<< >>Post Follow-up
glgene
613 posts
msg #91898
Ignore glgene
5/1/2010 12:21:57 PM

Could someone show me the script for referencing a watchlist in a symlist?

Thanks.

glgene
613 posts
msg #91899
Ignore glgene
5/1/2010 12:23:40 PM

I know a simple symlist could be written something like this:

symlist(dia,spy,qqq,mdy)

But if those 4 ETFs were inside a watchlist, how would my 1-line be stated?

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #91902
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
5/1/2010 1:04:41 PM

Easy - just write watchlist(name of watchlist goes here).

glgene
613 posts
msg #91912
Ignore glgene
5/1/2010 3:50:47 PM

Do you mean:

symlist(watchlistABC)

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #91913
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
5/1/2010 4:01:16 PM

No. You cannot use the watchlist command within a symlist, nor can you mix watchlists and symlists.

Just create a watchlist with the requisite symbols of interest, then refer to it using the watchlist command.

Or just type the symbols into a symlist command. Not both.

glgene
613 posts
msg #91918
Ignore glgene
5/1/2010 5:15:26 PM

Kevin,

You confuse me. You say it can't be done, then you say it can be done.

What am I missing??

Can you show the exact script line to accomplish what I'm after?

Thanks.

pirate67
99 posts
msg #91919
Ignore pirate67
5/1/2010 5:35:29 PM

Let's say you want your filter to use 5 ETF's. You would use the symlist syntax and in the brackets place the symbols of the ETFs'.
As an alternative you can make a watch list, name it and then refer to it using the watch list syntax. In the same filter you can have it check multiple watch lists simply by seperating their names by a comma.

Symlist is good if the total number of stocks you want to follow is small. Creating watch lists has several advantages. You can upload and entire column from a spreadsheet(eg csv file) and youcan save a previous SF search into a watchlist. For examle you could do a filter for all ETF,s that trade over 1 million shares and put the results into a watch list. Many here usethe IBD 100 or other changing lists. All that has to be done is update the watch list(s) without changing anything in the filter.

four
5,087 posts
msg #91920
Ignore four
modified
5/1/2010 5:46:11 PM

Can I create screens using only Symbols from my Watch List(s)?

Yes, by using the apply to watchlist phrase and the nicknames you have defined for your watch lists.

For example, if the nickname for one of your lists is LongShots, then a sample filter using stocks from that list would be:

show stocks where MA(10) crossed above the MA(50)and apply to watchlist(LongShots)

To filter using mutiple lists at once, simply separate the nicknames through commas:

show stocks where MA(10) crossed above the MA(50)and apply to watchlist(LongShots,HotPicks)

http://help.stockfetcher.com/sfhelp/?id=100261&isiframe=&isiframe=
*bold is my emphasis

glgene
613 posts
msg #91925
Ignore glgene
5/2/2010 12:07:36 AM

Thanks, all, for your help!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Symlist with a Watchlist<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.