StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TESTING A NEW TRADING APPROACH<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
alf44
2,025 posts
msg #116763
Ignore alf44
11/14/2013 3:09:37 PM

wkloss ...

---

@alf44,

Have you backtested or traded your filter

---

I never coded it to be a "filter" !

I used it just to calculate the numbers (ie. "ORB" and profit projection) ... and display those numbers in columns.

Therefore, never backtested it ... and ... can't really say that I used it much. It was something I played around with some but, could never really feel comfortable using.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #116798
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
11/15/2013 2:56:30 PM

Kevin, did you stop using Tro's Crock Pot filter scenario and now working solely on this new approach? Or, are you still using the Crock Pot approach as your main buying filter and just playing around with this new experiment?

When you are finished with your trials will you run a comparison to both of these methods and let us know which you find as the best filter to use?

Marine2

I'm not using either of these approaches - my manual backtest of the Crock Pot approach, including my tweaked version, convinced me that you are consistently giving back most or all of your gains on a single blown trade, and this current approach is simply an experiment to see if these types of patterns are robust.

Honestly I'm not going to backtest or compare either of these - I have already developed several better systems here on SF, and have further refined them as the Pangolin systems on Collective2. Those are how I trade, and the Tactical Asset Allocation system is how I currently manage my long term investment accounts.

Truth be told I should give this approach more than a dozen trades before I make any call. Sometimes I am like a small child when it comes to trading systems - I get distracted by the closest shiny object and move on to something else.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TESTING A NEW TRADING APPROACH<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.