StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · THE BOLLINGER "SQUEEZE" EXPLAINED....<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 6 >>Post Follow-up
WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65491
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/27/2008 9:28:00 AM

If you ALWAYS follow these 4 rules when it comes to a "squeeze", then you will make a fortune in your lifetime.

1. Make sure 1 of your 2 lead indicators "COG(5,3)" or "FI(2)" are pointing up. If you have both, then you are looking at an extremely strong chance of a breakout! I use "Center of gravity" COG(5,3) instead of Stochastics, because it usually turns 1-day B-4 Sto does. Get to know this indicator, because it's turning points are usually sharp and precise.

2. Bollinger Bands(10) is as flat as a board, or converging with one another (upper & lower bands)

3. And the most important of all...WEEKLY RSI(2) IS IN AN UPTREND!!! Make sure it's NOT tailing off, and I preferable like entries when it's below 50. Any higher then that...you're risking a sharp "tail off" (conslidation), or a sharp new downtrend!

4. In these tight formations, you will almost always see a 3-5 candle formation appear. Usually it's only 1 of 3. The first is the "Mat hold", and the 2nd is the "Rising Three Methods." And the 3rd is "Bullish Kicking." When you see these formations complete...get ready for a rocket ride baby!

**** This is one of the biggest secrets in all of TA! This is the one formula that works 100% of the time! But you have to get in before the W-RSI(2) turns down. In other words...don't enter when W-RSI(2) is nearing it's upper reference line. i.e...80-99. Now, reverse the formula, and you've just landed yourself the most dynamic shorting filter you will ever lay your eyes on! Especially if it's at the top of a chart...and you'll see many. ****

Now go put it to work, and come back and tell me I'm wrong....and one other thing....to get more plays (not that you'll need em), change the "Bollinger Width(10)" to 3,4,5 or 6-Month lows etc....

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

((( THEMIGHTYSQUEEZE FILTER )))

Fetcher[Show stocks where bollinger width(10) is at a 1 month low
do not draw bollinger width(10) 1 month low
do not draw bollinger diff(10)

Draw Bollinger bands(50,.20)
Draw Bollinger Bands(10,.10)
Draw 3-day slope of Bollinger bands(50,.20)
Draw parabolic Sar
Draw Linear Regression Indicator(20)
Draw Bollinger bands(10)
Offset 0

Draw Williams %R(2)
Draw Projection Oscillator
Draw RSI(2)
Weekly RSI(2) is above Weekly RSI(2) 1-day ago
Draw Weekly RSI(2) line at 99
Draw Weekly RSI(2) line at 0

NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

NORMALIZE OBV(1) */

set{obval, INDPOSITION(OBV(1), 60) * 100}

NORMALIZE williams %R(2) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %R(2), 60) * 100 }

Draw wrval line
Draw adval on plot wrval
Draw obval on plot wrval

Draw COG(5,3) line at 0
Draw Bearpower on plot Bullpower
Draw Bullpower line at 0
Draw MACD(4,8)

volume is above 100000
sort column 10 descending
chart-time 45-days
close is above 1

set{RSb,days(RSI(2) is above RSI(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{RSa,days(RSI(2) is below RSI(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{RSxRS, RSa - RSb}
set{WLb,days(williams %R(2) is above Williams %R(2)
1 day ago,100)}
set{WLa,days(Williams %R(2) is below Williams %R(2)
1 day ago,100)}
set{WLxWL, WLa - WLb}
set{POb,days(Projection Oscillator(14) is above Projection Oscillator(14) 1 day ago,100)}
set{POa,days(Projection Oscillator(14) is below Projection Oscillator(14) 1 day ago,100)}
set{POxPO, POa - POb}

Set{Bullpower, high minus ema(13)}
Set{Bearpower, low minus ema(13)}
set{BLb,days(BullPower is above BullPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BLa,days(BullPower is below BullPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BLxBL, BLa - BLb}
set{BRb,days(BearPower is above BearPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BRa,days(BearPower is below BearPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BRxBR, BRa - BRb}

set{v, volume 1 day ago}
set{volinc, volume - v}
set{volpc, volinc / v}
set{volpct, volpc * 100}

set{VolZ, days(volume < 1,100)}
set{VolUp, days(volume is below volume 1 day ago,100)}
set{VolDn, days(volume is above volume 1 day ago,100)}
set{VolCnt, VolUp - VolDn}

set{vck1, volume 1 day ago }
set{vck, volume / vck1 }
set{vdbl, days(vck < 2, 100)}

SET{VMACDD,MACD(4,8) histogram}
set{mhis,indposition(macd(4,8) histogram,60)}
set{mhist,macd(4,8) histogram}
set{mhisb,days(mhist is above 0, 100)}
set{mhisa,days(mhist is below 0, 100)}
set{hstxhst, mhisa - mhisb}
set{var1,count(macd(4,8) histogram 1 day ago < macd histogram(4,8),1)}
set{mhisp,days(var1 < .5,100)}
set{var11,count(macd(4,8) histogram 1 day ago > macd histogram(4,8),1)}
set{mhisn,days(var11 < .5,100)}

ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column industry
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column PE
add column EPS
add column ROE
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column adval
add column obval
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column Weekly RSI(2)
add column Weekly RSI(2) 1-day ago(1dayago)
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column RSXRS
add column WLXWL
add column POXPO
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column BLxBL
add column BRxBR
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column mhisp
add column mhisn
add column hstxhst
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column Vdbl
add column volpct
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
]

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #65501
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/27/2008 1:54:48 PM

I see you have "seen the light" when it comes to RSI(2).

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65504
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/27/2008 3:25:27 PM

LOL..."the light" Avery?....ever since you've been pedling RSI(2), I'm the one that has ALWAYS said it has only one(1) useful feature...

WEEKLY CHARTS ONLY! And yet again, I have PROVEN my point with Billy(2). So keep buying those crap stocks that hug the zero line like shellfish in the deep blue sea there pal. lol...

RIGGS

davesaint86
725 posts
msg #65511
Ignore davesaint86
7/27/2008 6:45:15 PM

WSG or Anyone Else who Undestand this filter. It is Sunday, July 28th. I ran the filter. Could you please point out one or two symbols out of the list that you consider to be perfect or near perfect to what we should be looking for? Thank you for all of your contributions. I enjoy your work.

Dave

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65512
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
7/27/2008 6:54:42 PM

guru_trader
- Ignore guru_trader
modified 7/27/2008 5:27:57 PM

" I like that MIGHTYSQUEEZE filter WSG, thanks "
========================

Thanks Guru! Hey, one other thing that gives me big confirmation, is when "adval" starts to race up from below 50 and ends up above 75 by the time the "sqeeze" developes. That's telling you some serious buying is taking place, while volume might not reflect it.

Take a look at:

CADX
NPI
ARK
AVA
AVT

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

davesaint86
725 posts
msg #65513
Ignore davesaint86
7/27/2008 7:04:43 PM

WSG - Thank you for the quick response.

Dave

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65514
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
7/27/2008 7:05:55 PM

WSG or Anyone Else who Undestand this filter. It is Sunday, July 28th. I ran the filter. Could you please point out one or two symbols out of the list that you consider to be perfect or near perfect to what we should be looking for? Thank you for all of your contributions. I enjoy your work.

Dave

=============================

Dave, take a look at the very first stock on the list. (CDE). Look at both COG(5,3), and FI(2). Do you see them turning up? Now look at weekly RSI(2)...see it in the uptrend? But check this out..look at the TRIPLE DIVERGENCE with COG(5,3), Force Index(2) and Bullpower / Bearpower! That is one pretty set-up man, and is it by accident that the Gold Mining stocks are about to pop?...I think not.

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

davesaint86
725 posts
msg #65515
Ignore davesaint86
7/27/2008 7:15:48 PM

WSG - Sorry but I run the filter CDE does not come up. However I can see AVA. Do you consider AVA as a pick. I think it fits your criteria of the COG, FI, RSI, etc trending up.

Daves

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65520
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/27/2008 9:02:23 PM

Try it now Dave. I had to change to "close is above 1." It was 5. At any rate, I don't like (AVA) because of all the "high wave candles." That to me always represents indicision. Also, look at that last candle going head-2-head with that Bollinger Band(50). But look at what the candle is...It's a "shooting star!" Plus, If a stock rises and doesn't surpass the BB(50), more times than not, it will act as resistance. But the most important aspect of this chart, is the fact that the "squeeze" hasn't fully developed yet, and I don't like the way the COG is playing out. No, there's just too many better plays out of these results. BTW, I'm glad you find this thread educational, and I'm glad to help.

- RIGGS -

davesaint86
725 posts
msg #65521
Ignore davesaint86
7/27/2008 9:12:33 PM

WSG - I see CDE now. Thanks. Will study your post and the chart.

Thanks-Dave

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · THE BOLLINGER "SQUEEZE" EXPLAINED....<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 6 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.