StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRADING DIVERGENCES ON THE S&P 500<< 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33 >>Post Follow-up
jackmack
334 posts
msg #112720
Ignore jackmack
4/11/2013 3:03:33 PM

Kevin
I love the statement on your new site "Let's make money the old fashioned way... by taking it from less intelligent investors"
With this model you have created here that will be VERY easy to do indeed
Thank you
Cheers

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #112722
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
4/11/2013 3:08:01 PM

My wife was not as enthused about the slogan as I was, but she doesn't understand trading and leaves it all up to me.

I will probably sell the Divergence system on Collective2, but eveyone here can still have it for free (obviously).

frsrblch
35 posts
msg #112725
Ignore frsrblch
4/11/2013 4:41:49 PM

Thanks, jackmack. I'm glad that people are finding it useful.

Looks like a great exit today. Taking money from less intelligent investors it may be, but it's the nature of the system that that money has to come from somewhere.

jackmack
334 posts
msg #112732
Ignore jackmack
4/12/2013 12:55:18 PM

Kevin
Just curious
Your post #112595 from 4/2/13
You stated "Having backtested this new approach, it works quite well"
Which version were you referring to - the new combined filter from Cheese or the spreadsheet version and the combined entry criterion from frsrblch.
Just curious
Thanks
Cheers

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #112733
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
4/12/2013 2:16:39 PM

I was referring to the approach where if you recieve both a BUY and SELL you stay in the trade. The original stats I posted for each filter had you exit the next day and then immediately rebuy - at what should be the same price, but you have to add in commissions and possible slippage.

jackmack
334 posts
msg #112734
Ignore jackmack
4/12/2013 2:28:23 PM

Ah - got it - I misunderstood the statement.
Thank you for the clarification.
Cheers

frsrblch
35 posts
msg #112736
Ignore frsrblch
modified
4/12/2013 3:54:34 PM

You can fiddle with the entry and exit criteria in my spreadsheet (the column with blanks and ones immediately to the left of the entry and exit price columns) to test different approaches, but my testing seemed to show that holding when you get both a buy and a sell signal on the same day appears to be the best approach.

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #112737
Ignore mahkoh
modified
4/12/2013 5:00:31 PM

Taking a closer look at the exit brings up a question: In your "Exit" column in the Exit tab the statement is =IF(AND(F2=1,F1<>1),1,"") which means that if there has been an exit yesterday there can not be an exit signal today. Why is that?
I can't find any reference to that cell anywhere.

frsrblch
35 posts
msg #112738
Ignore frsrblch
modified
4/12/2013 8:22:00 PM

The G column in the Exit sheet isn't actually used. Originally, I had built the sheet around buying or selling when the signal goes from 0 to 1, regardless of what the other signal is doing, instead of the (entry=1,exit<>1) and (exit=1,entry<>1) it uses now. I changed how the exit was calculated at some point, and forgot to delete the unnecessary column.

jackmack
334 posts
msg #112742
Ignore jackmack
4/13/2013 5:31:44 PM

Kevin
I was just thinking about your TAA system and how you move into differing funds according to set parameters end of month.
Then I began to wonder if it would be possible to somehow work the that methodology into this filter set and "maybe" yield a potentially better return over the straight SPY set?
Meaning if say IWM were pulling ahead using the TAA system you moved out of SPY into IWM would it be possible that there are divergences in IWM that would allow better returns for said month vs. SPY throughout?
Kind of a TAA DIVERGENCE filter?
Or are divergences not present in the EFA - IWM - MDY as they are in SPY.
Just wondering?
Thanks

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRADING DIVERGENCES ON THE S&P 500<< 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.