StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRADING DIVERGENCES ON THE S&P 500<< 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 >>Post Follow-up
SFMc01
358 posts
msg #122790
Ignore SFMc01
2/9/2015 10:06:48 AM

Kevin: Thank you

fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #122806
Ignore fotchstecker
2/11/2015 2:33:02 PM

Kevin, I'm curious about where your thinking has evolved to.

Reading through the chronology of you ideas shows a particular approach. Your most recent comment, about how you regard one year as a short timeframe for you strategy, tells a lot.

What kinds of things are you working on these days?

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #122834
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
modified
2/13/2015 10:17:11 AM

Starting in 2015 my focus is entirely on investment systems rather than trading systems - the main thrust being low frequency asset allocations rather than daily or weekly holding periods for individual stocks. I have looked at my trading record over the last few years - some mechanical and some purely discretionary - and while I have done OK I could have done just as well or better over the last 10 years using simple asset allocation strategies. I'll actually be publishing a set of strategies (mostly developed by others and validated by extensive backtesting) in a separate thread later this week.

My motto for 2015 - "there is nothing wrong with getting rich slowly and sleeping well every night."

jemarcks
26 posts
msg #122837
Ignore jemarcks
2/13/2015 12:55:27 PM

Kevin, Thanks for all your contributions! We look forward to your new investment systems post.

Jeff

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #122842
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
2/13/2015 9:13:59 PM

And I look forward to catching up to you on signalinvesting.com !!

jemarcks
26 posts
msg #122843
Ignore jemarcks
2/13/2015 9:53:07 PM

The contest on Signal Investing.com has been fun and its interesting to see how the different systems are doing with live data. Im so curious what the other systems are doing.
Email me sometime and we can compare notes on trading systems. Im always open to new ideas to test.
Jeff

fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #122847
Ignore fotchstecker
2/14/2015 3:20:25 PM

Thanks for the insights, Kevin. You are among a rare few whose contributions here are a legacy.

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #122853
Ignore mahkoh
2/16/2015 11:03:44 AM

Jeff and Kevin,

I checked signalinvesting's site. Seeing that it is powered by Avarin I assume it is has something to do with Stratasearch.
The site seems largely under construction, most of the links redirect to the systems page.

Can you elaborate on what this is or what it is supposed to become?

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #122856
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
2/16/2015 1:15:45 PM

It's a fully mechanical trading signal site - all signals are for the open of the next day, no discretionary trade or limit orders used. Pete (Overload) asked for current SS users to submit new trading systems for a beta trial. I played around with a few concepts (not posted in SF) that evolved into a decent set of systems and posted them.

What I like about it is that I do not have to enter any trades nightly like I did with the Pangolin systems on Collective2. Pete handles everything and makes sure that all is on the up and up with results reporting etc.

jemarcks
26 posts
msg #122858
Ignore jemarcks
2/16/2015 3:01:13 PM

mahjo;

Signalinvesting.com is under construction at this time. The site is collecting live trades (out of sample data) for each of the submitted systems. I expect the site to go live in Q3 sometime and offer its systems' signals to potential investors. I put together a few ideas for a system I submitted and polished it up during the holidays when I was off work. So far, so good! :)

Jeff

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRADING DIVERGENCES ON THE S&P 500<< 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.