StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRADING PRO SHARES<< >>Post Follow-up
milansanremo
12 posts
msg #73376
Ignore milansanremo
4/7/2009 8:32:08 PM

I have been trading long and inverse 2x proshares since their inception. I am new to stockFetcher and only now have backtested the actual entry and exit indicators that I have using for years. So, according to stockfetcher I should have a ROI from 97% to 140% annually since I have been using this strategy. The variance is because I use different entry /exit points for index proshares versus sector proshares. This seems pretty good. Should I cancel my stockfetcher subscription and quit looking for the silver bullet or can I do better if I keep looking?

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #73405
Ignore Eman93
4/8/2009 8:38:46 PM

what are you using as your trading rules?

I would say 97% is pretty good......

Back test is not fool proof.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #73406
Ignore chetron
modified
4/8/2009 8:50:55 PM

for the sake of argument, the backtest is spot on, then you have successfully measured the gap between your method and your inability to execute, per mark douglas....

fwiw
hth

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #73407
Ignore Eman93
4/8/2009 9:12:58 PM

CHET

Good one!!!

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #73408
Ignore Eman93
4/8/2009 9:17:15 PM

Chet do you use tradestation?

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #73409
Ignore chetron
4/8/2009 9:23:21 PM

NO, TD AMERITRADE

milansanremo
12 posts
msg #73447
Ignore milansanremo
4/9/2009 9:56:32 PM

I have spent some more time with this and have come to the following conclusion based on stockfetcher backtesting.
Using only 6 proshares(sso,sds,qld,qid,uwm,twm)(these 6 came out the best based on my rules) and using my entry/exit rules it gives me 137% roi since inception using max. 3 open positions and max. 3 trades per day and using 33% of cash per trade. So I'm going to go with it for the remainder of the year and see what happens. I'll let you know in 12 months the results.
Interesting also is....something that I have always done with the inverse shares is implement a 25% profit stop rule and stockfetcher verified this. I can't find a way to profit on every trade on the inverse shares without a profit stop. My entry is good but once they get going they act really weird...much different than the 2xlong shares. I don't use a profit stop on the 2xlong shares.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #73450
Ignore chetron
4/10/2009 6:34:52 AM

THANX

GLTY

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRADING PRO SHARES<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.