StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRO CROCK POT - SLOW COOKERS FOR SWING TRADERS<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 26 >>Post Follow-up
Sqwii
160 posts
msg #67401
Ignore Sqwii
9/18/2008 4:39:26 AM

And another thing I see...

What should you be looking for mostly?

wklyprofit column?
qtrpct?
What is the most important. I am not daytrading thats why I just want to buy a stock and hold it for 5 days

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67422
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/18/2008 12:16:16 PM

Sqwii

TRO , I just want to know that I am correct.

That means that you can also use the filter for example today and get results for the best gainers(next 5 days)? Or it is only for using in the weekend?

I thought it could be a nice filter if you could make it just for the "next 5 days" which stocks is statistically open over 1% over the next 5 days?

But indeed I tried this filter and it came up with LNN as the first buy. Would you then tell me the first stocks the filter shows would be the best ? or do you have some kind of let the best stocks be on the top :-) ?
=====================

NO.

The date the filter shows must always be FRIDAY because of the way SF calculates the weekly data.

So change the DATE OFFSET to 1 on Monday, 2 on Tuesday, etc...

BEST? That's a matter of opinion.

I choose the ones that have the best stats, best range and most volume.

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #67433
Ignore Sqwii
9/18/2008 3:19:56 PM

Hi TRO

When you are saying "Best STATS" what are you looking for then ? I see a lot of different columns... what is nice stats for you ?

Chris

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #67445
Ignore Sqwii
9/18/2008 4:06:09 PM

TRO

It's because when I look at these STATS

Then I see that wkprofitpc and what does ziphi means ? I now big volume is important but what is then the most important?

If I sort the "fivepct" and get it by the highest numbers, then it comes up with RDN and JRCC, but does it means that these stocks would pop more than 5% per week? Can you please be more precise what you mean with choosing the best stats :-)

Thank you TRO :)

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #67446
Ignore Sqwii
9/18/2008 4:12:08 PM

I read about ziphi but higher ziphi number means that its a better stock to buy.

Because if these over 5 pct shows you can just choose the stocks which mosly is over 5 percent every week and then gain 5% every week ? Why choose the 1% ? Or am I wrong ?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67450
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/18/2008 4:45:59 PM

So many questions.

The best stats for me, are the ones that yield 1% the most. That's the idea, a slow safe trade.

Now some people want to hold for longer than a day.

But I look for a NO BRAINER trade.

This isn't about getting rich quick... It's about growing your portfolio SLOWLY and STEADILY.

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #67452
Ignore Sqwii
9/18/2008 4:56:24 PM

Ah I think I know what you mean now..

So if you choosing a stock which grow over 1pct ? then you sort the 1pct column and take the highest numbers of 1pct..

Then you buy monday open and then waiting for it going to 1 pct and then sell it ?

And another question..
If I should use this filter today I would just take the offset to "4" because its thursday today ? or should I use 5 ?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67453
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/18/2008 5:22:49 PM

Set date offset so it always reads the previous Friday's date.

tomm1111
202 posts
msg #67570
Ignore tomm1111
9/22/2008 1:08:49 AM

Bump.

Load up while the getting is good.

tomm1111
202 posts
msg #67577
Ignore tomm1111
9/22/2008 1:52:15 PM

Bought ROYL at open. I was intending to place a stop at 2% gain. From the time my order went through it jumped past 2% so I placed my stop at 5%. Sold 28 min later for a 5% gain. I'm very happy with a 5% gain.

(It ran today up over 20% by mid day.)

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRO CROCK POT - SLOW COOKERS FOR SWING TRADERS<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 26 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.