StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRO CROCK POT - SLOW COOKERS FOR SWING TRADERS<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26 >>Post Follow-up
tomm1111
202 posts
msg #67578
Ignore tomm1111
9/22/2008 2:06:22 PM

I forgot to mention in my previous post.

TRO, Thanks for the CROCK POT! I like that slow cooking.

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #67582
Ignore johnpaulca
modified
9/22/2008 2:49:38 PM

tomm1111....well done.

AIG....riding this thing up.....yeeee haaaa

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #67588
Ignore Sqwii
9/22/2008 4:03:08 PM

Hi TRO

When I use this TRO crock pot I look for the one which goes over 5% most of the time..

Then if I wannt buy at Tuesday morning at OPEN price I am going to set the offset at 1 ? and wednesday 2, thursday 3, friday 4 ?

Or am I wrong ?

And when you are buying then you are buying everytime at OPEN price and then set a profit taking ?

Am i right ?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67612
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/23/2008 12:53:52 AM

I forgot to mention in my previous post.

TRO, Thanks for the CROCK POT! I like that slow cooking.

==================================================

You are welcome.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67613
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/23/2008 12:56:31 AM

Sqwii

Hi TRO

When I use this TRO crock pot I look for the one which goes over 5% most of the time..

Then if I wannt buy at Tuesday morning at OPEN price I am going to set the offset at 1 ? and wednesday 2, thursday 3, friday 4 ?

Or am I wrong ?

And when you are buying then you are buying everytime at OPEN price and then set a profit taking ?

Am i right ?
=================================================

NO!

The TRO CROCK POT is supposed to be run only after the market closes on Friday until the market opens on Monday.

You buy your stocks on MONDAY at the OPEN.

YOU DO NOT BUY ON TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY or FRIDAY. If you do, then you are NOT trading this method.

StJoe
91 posts
msg #67622
Ignore StJoe
9/23/2008 5:58:09 AM

TRO,

So using RFR crock pot, I picked SCA and bought at open for $2.19 and set limit at $2.30 fo a %5 gain. Well it closed at 1.88 with no pop.

So, my question is, I jsut hold for the pop right?

StJoe

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #67624
Ignore chetron
modified
9/23/2008 6:54:51 AM

morning tro, hope your day starts off great, that being said.....

if this filter was the offspring of MTC, then couldn't you play it any time the price crosses monday's open and grab your 1% all week long? or is it just a one time use thing?

tia chetron

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67626
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
9/23/2008 8:45:41 AM

9/23/2008 5:58:09 AM

TRO,

So using RFR crock pot, I picked SCA and bought at open for $2.19 and set limit at $2.30 fo a %5 gain. Well it closed at 1.88 with no pop.

So, my question is, I jsut hold for the pop right?

StJoe
======================================================================

There is NO SUCH THING as RFR CROCK POT.

This system was written for a 1% weekly gain.

I suggest you trade a different system.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67627
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/23/2008 8:49:01 AM

chetron

modified 9/23/2008 6:54:51 AM

morning tro, hope your day starts off great, that being said.....

if this filter was the offspring of MTC, then couldn't you play it any time the price crosses monday's open and grab your 1% all week long? or is it just a one time use thing?

tia chetron
=====================================================

YES and NO.

If price drops on Monday and bounces back later during the week, then YES, you could enter SO LONG AS price has NOT hit the 1% LONG Target.

In other words, NO DOUBLE DIPPING!! Only one trade per week per stock.

jimichelssf
12 posts
msg #67640
Ignore jimichelssf
9/23/2008 11:06:58 AM

Tro....

I'm new to these forums and to trading and just wanted to add my thanks to the others for your sharing so much.

Thank You!

This Crock Pot filter seems to be what I was looking for since I still need my day job.

I realize (I think) that this plan is setup to buy at the open on Monday and exit at 1% automatically.....

But what if a stock on Friday evening's list did not make it to 1% above Monday's open by the time the market closes on Monday? Imagine that the price is at or below the Monday open price when it closes on Monday evening.

Does that increase the probability that the 1% move above Monday's open will occur on Tuesday thru Friday.... if you are able to buy on Tuesday at or below the open on Monday?

Maybe the probability remains the same but the time range has been a little compressed?

Many Thanks!

James

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRO CROCK POT - SLOW COOKERS FOR SWING TRADERS<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.