StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRO RED/GREEN filter<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
Sqwii
160 posts
msg #68156
Ignore Sqwii
10/8/2008 2:16:31 AM

Hi !

I just wanna know TRO if it is impossible to make a STAT filter that shows :

- Stocks which MOST often turns green if it starts with a red bar in MARKET OPEN
- Stock which MOST often turns red if it starts with a green bar in MARKET OPEN

This could be a excellent filter but I dont know if its possible....

It could be for example if AAPL starts with a red bar on market open, then stats would say that THIS stock will turn green when market close so many times ( and sorting with the MOST times - the best stocks to buy)

Is this possible?

mystiq
650 posts
msg #68158
Ignore mystiq
10/8/2008 4:35:04 AM

---?? i'm waiting for that one too...! (-.-)

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #68165
Ignore chetron
10/8/2008 8:32:29 AM

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A TIME THAT IS LESS THAN DAILY, IE: 60 MINUTES OR LESS, THEN IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.

DAILY GREEN/RED FILTER IS POSTED.

HTH

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #68168
Ignore Sqwii
10/8/2008 9:36:30 AM

CHETRON ? What do you mean ?!

It should be possible to make a filter which STATS show a stock turning from RED to GREEN by close MOSTLY....... ?

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #68169
Ignore Sqwii
10/8/2008 10:32:12 AM

TRO is very very clever to make these STAT filters!

I hope it is possible to make a filter which shows the stocks which MOSTLY turn from RED/GREEN ..

So if AAPL is one of the stocks for example and if AAPL one day starts in red, then you should buy at the morning and then STATS it will close green..

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #68171
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/8/2008 11:18:25 AM

Do you mean if a stock gaps down (red) , it is likely to close above the previous day's close (green) ?

You must be EXACT and PRECISE with your request. It's not me, it's the way the computer likes it... exact and precise.

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #68173
Ignore Sqwii
10/8/2008 12:12:29 PM

Hi TRO!

Yes thats what I mean..

If APPL falls TODAY -2% in market OPEN then it most LIKELY to close GREEN when market is closed !

Thanks

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #68174
Ignore Sqwii
10/8/2008 1:22:41 PM

TRO

Its a filter PRECICE which FINDS the STOCKS which MOSTLY will turn from GAP down to GAP UP on close.. or from red BAR to GREEN bar at close.

So if for example AAPL mostly turns from RED to GREEN and AAPL starts in GREEN then you should not trade it, but if it open on a RED bar then you should go long..

Do you understand ? Hope so Thank you

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #68178
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/8/2008 8:11:10 PM

Yes, I understand but MILKING THE COWS works just fine so I don't need anything else.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #68180
Ignore alf44
10/8/2008 9:37:09 PM

TRO...uhhhh ... is "MILK THE COWS"...the same as "FADE THE GAP" ??? tia

So many filters...so many variations...so many threads...so many posts...SIGH !!!

Regards,

alf44

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRO RED/GREEN filter<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.