StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TheRUMP & JOE G. ONE DAY SHOOTOUT!<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
bartolomo
1 posts
msg #28283
Ignore bartolomo
9/2/2003 7:36:01 PM

therumpledone
i have enjoyed your posts and appreciate your work and your sharing. i have only been on sf for about a week and am still on the steep learning curve in terms of using filters. just wondering---have you compared results with your rsi(2) when occurring during an uptrend i.e. ema(13) above ema(26), vs. during a downtrend? thanks

deprez
60 posts
msg #28300
Ignore deprez
9/3/2003 11:44:04 AM

I know I gave more than one filter, but there was no rule against that.
I only gave max 3 stocks per filter.
I am not sure how you figured the winner, but here are my results for

GT20Bis:
SYMB OPEN CLOSE PCNT
USON 7.95 7.76 -2.4%
DUSA 2.99 3.58 +19.7%
MRVT 1.13 1.27 +12.3%
========================
############## +29.6% Average +9.87%

By the way DUSA was up another 20% today around 10AM CST.

deprez
60 posts
msg #28301
Ignore deprez
9/3/2003 11:58:37 AM

Actually, DUSA hit 4.75 making it an additional 32% around 10 am today.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28314
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/3/2003 10:15:01 PM

Bartolomo:

Funny you ask about 13/26 ema.. HolyGrail showed me that last year. We use the crossover to signal uptrends and downtrends on the daily and weekly charts.

As far as RSI(2) goes, you can see that for yourself by either looking at what happened in the past or by buying a stock when RSI(2) < 1 and selling for a nice profit.

MAY THE TRADE BE WITH YOU.

ccdanson
9 posts
msg #28328
Ignore ccdanson
9/4/2003 10:35:24 PM

RumpledOne,

Thanks for your posts. I looked at your picks on prophet.net and they dont seem to fit how you rec. using your filter. Do you run the filter then check to see if the stock is at or near the bottom of the channel? The way I understand it, you would be looking for the rsi(2) to be rebounding and near the bottom of the channel.

Also, I have had some success using a variation of your filter in selecting options using StochRSI to get in and slow stochastics hitting off 100 to get out. Do you trade options?

thanks in advance

rrochon
117 posts
msg #28335
Ignore rrochon
9/5/2003 1:13:11 AM

TX,

Your filter,
Fetcher[RSI(2)is below 40 and On Balance Volume has been increasing for 1 day and close is between 1 and 10 and volume (10) is above 100000]

brings up 10 stocks today. How would you select the one stock to trade on the open tomorrow; lowest price, highest volume, lowest RSI(2)??? Lowest score?

The back test looks good no matter what offset you chose, but I would like to paper trade it awhile to see what a forward test will do.

Thanks,

Dick

Dick

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #28378
Ignore txtrapper
9/6/2003 9:12:02 PM

rrochon

The reason the RSI(2)<40 and OBV Filter is so effective is because of the "confirmation". When OBV starts turning up the price and RSI seems to shoot up quickly from the set up below.

I take my filtered list and plug each stock into Prophet.net Pro "realtime", using a 3 month chart, indicators I use are; RSI(2), L/R, EMA(13)and EMA(26) and OBV for (picking stocks). I like the stocks that are at, touching or close to the lower L/R channel, but stocks around the middle L/R line will work to, I like RSI(2) to be below 20, and then look at OBV, if you got a little check mark there (moving up) you may have a stock there ready to buy (but not just yet), if OBV is not starting up (don't buy the stock). Then I switch to the 1day/1min chart and change RSI(2) to RSI(10)(for buying stocks), then you can pinpoint entry and exits. Take a look at the two plays below I made of CHTR Thursday and Friday it's not one off my Filter but gives you a good example of what your looking for.
Take a look at CHTR, on 9/4/2003 I got in with the above method I bought 1,000 @ $4.34 and sold 500 that same day @ $4.66 exact bottom and top. Next day Friday sold the remaining 500 @ 4.67 for a good profit. I don't care if RSI(2) < 1 or < 20 my entry confirmation is the OBV. Then right after OBV (check mark) you will see a second confirmation a Slow Stochastics crossover. Then I leave the RSI(10) L/R and OBV screen on 1day/1min or you can use 2day/2min or 3day/3min up to five days until you get a clear (easy to read) concise chart of the stock you are trading. I also use the EMA13 crossover EMA(26)to confirm my trades. You can't lose if you wait for the OBV and EMA confirmation. The old RSI(2) < 1 method is ok, but it may just sit there for days, it's a lot better to wait for the OBV confirmation, and your stock is starting to move up. Keep your settings on RSI(10), L/R, EMA13 and EMA26 and watch OBV. My last 15 trades have all been profitable using this method. It makes trading a lot more fun and profitable.

Good Trading,

txtrapper

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #28379
Ignore txtrapper
9/6/2003 9:12:18 PM

rrochon

The reason the RSI(2)<40 and OBV Filter is so effective is because of the "confirmation". When OBV starts turning up the price and RSI seems to shoot up quickly from the set up below.

I take my filtered list and plug each stock into Prophet.net Pro "realtime", using a 3 month chart, indicators I use are; RSI(2), L/R, EMA(13)and EMA(26) and OBV for (picking stocks). I like the stocks that are at, touching or close to the lower L/R channel, but stocks around the middle L/R line will work to, I like RSI(2) to be below 20, and then look at OBV, if you got a little check mark there (moving up) you may have a stock there ready to buy (but not just yet), if OBV is not starting up (don't buy the stock). Then I switch to the 1day/1min chart and change RSI(2) to RSI(10)(for buying stocks), then you can pinpoint entry and exits. Take a look at the two plays below I made of CHTR Thursday and Friday it's not one off my Filter but gives you a good example of what your looking for.
Take a look at CHTR, on 9/4/2003 I got in with the above method I bought 1,000 @ $4.34 and sold 500 that same day @ $4.66 exact bottom and top. Next day Friday sold the remaining 500 @ 4.67 for a good profit. I don't care if RSI(2) < 1 or < 20 my entry confirmation is the OBV. Then right after OBV (check mark) you will see a second confirmation a Slow Stochastics crossover. Then I leave the RSI(10) L/R and OBV screen on 1day/1min or you can use 2day/2min or 3day/3min up to five days until you get a clear (easy to read) concise chart of the stock you are trading. I also use the EMA13 crossover EMA(26)to confirm my trades. You can't lose if you wait for the OBV and EMA confirmation. The old RSI(2) < 1 method is ok, but it may just sit there for days, it's a lot better to wait for the OBV confirmation, and your stock is starting to move up. Keep your settings on RSI(10), L/R, EMA13 and EMA26 and watch OBV. My last 15 trades have all been profitable using this method. It makes trading a lot more fun and profitable.

Good Trading,

txtrapper

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #28381
Ignore txtrapper
9/6/2003 10:34:32 PM

rrochon

Fetcher[RSI(2)is below 40 and On Balance Volume has been increasing for 1 day and close is between 1 and 10 and volume (10) is above 100000]

Ran the above filter for Monday's 9/8/2003 picks ; These look good! ASV $5.71...OTE $5.54...FTUS $5.37...CPD $9.16, then I took my selections to the 3min/3day chart @ Prophet.net. Take a look at ASV @ 1:45PM Thursday ET....FTUS @ 9;30AM Thursday....CPD @ 9:30AM Thursday....that's the way you want them to look before you buy them Monday, if they don't cooperate, I like to do a backtest of Muddy's Filters, say from 1 to 5 days, grab a few stocks and then run them thru the Prophet.net 3day/3min chart. You may just be at the right place at the right time. You will know exactly when it's time to buy!

You can make money buying bottom stocks or stocks making new highs;

Right now I am researching a new method similiar to the "box theory" for buying stocks reaching new highs, that's were the biggest profits would be, look for new products or services, similiar to "BLTIE" a new painless laser denistry system for making the big moves, however, this is for long term investors not day traders or scalpers.

Glad I can be some help,

txtrapper

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28385
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/7/2003 4:30:00 AM

ccdanson

You looked at my picks...

You assume I only use one filter...

I sometimes trade the QQQ options.

TXTrapper...

Very interesting what you have to say.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TheRUMP & JOE G. ONE DAY SHOOTOUT!<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.