StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Trading Range Pattern and Trending Pattern setups<< >>Post Follow-up
sonnybearshooter
1 posts
msg #99432
Ignore sonnybearshooter
modified
2/28/2011 1:04:07 PM

I was rereading the Book "ETF Trading Strategies Revealed" and liked what Steve Palmquist was presenting.

He explained his Trading Range Pattern setup as follows:

The setup: "a rapid price rise of at least two weeks with several above average, volume up days, followed by a pullback or retracement on generally below average volume. Stocks and ETFs that show strong gap downs or pullbacks on large volume are ignored..."

I made a few attempts to write a "fetch" for the above, but came up with nothing.
I'd like to Add stock price and average daily volume parameters to the above to eliminate stocks out of my interest range.

Is it possible to write a Trading Range Pattern setup like the above? How about a Trending Pattern (up or down trend) setup?

Does this posting area include the help area from the folks at StockFetcher?
I'd appreciate ideas or direction.

Thanks,
Sonny

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Trading Range Pattern and Trending Pattern setups<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.