StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Up Inside Day<< >>Post Follow-up
mslattery@dc.rr.com
91 posts
msg #32169
Ignore mslattery@dc.rr.com
5/24/2004 3:33:57 PM

Trying to write filter that produces an inside day witht he second day have a close above open.

I have the Inside day where the second day is open above close.

Provides Down Inside Day: Show stocks where Close is above Open 1 day ago AND High is below Close 1 day ago AND Low is above Open 1 day ago

Doen not provide Up Inside Day: Show stocks where Close above Open AND close above open 1 day ago AND Close below close 1 day ago and Open below Open 1 day ago

Would someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks, Michael

mslattery@dc.rr.com
91 posts
msg #32170
5/24/2004 3:36:34 PM

Thought that I should provide the question in english, sorry for above.

Trying to write a filter that produces an inside day shere the second day has a close above open.

I have the Inside day where the second day is (down) open above close.

Provides Down Inside Day: Show stocks where Close is above Open 1 day ago AND High is below Close 1 day ago AND Low is above Open 1 day ago

This one does not provide Up Inside Day: Show stocks where Close above Open AND close above open 1 day ago AND Close below close 1 day ago and Open below Open 1 day ago

Would someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks, Michael

ladoody
6 posts
msg #32171
Ignore ladoody
5/24/2004 5:28:20 PM

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but this is how I screen for stocks that showed gains one day ago:

close 1 day ago is above open 1 day ago

mslattery@dc.rr.com
91 posts
msg #32174
5/24/2004 9:13:31 PM

Thanks you, not quite.

I am trying to write a filter that produces stocks where todays close was higher than yesterdays and todays open was lower than yesterdays. Consider it a price squeeze. The technical term for this is an Inside Day, as todays trading range falls within the trading range of yesterday.

Thanks for the attempt.

Michael

houghton
29 posts
msg #32176
Ignore houghton
5/25/2004 8:20:15 AM

Michael,

Looks like this works: Low is above low 1 day ago and high is below high 1 day ago and close is above open and close is above close 1 day ago.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Up Inside Day<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.