StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · We need Real Time Filtering and Charting Capabilities NOW!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
marine2
963 posts
msg #68466
Ignore marine2
10/15/2008 7:29:12 PM

Stock Fetcher should step up and bring in real time filtering and charting capabilities. The time is now, to keep their members in this current investing game. This day to day trading (day trading) will not go away anytime soon. There is a definate need for these new real time filtering and charting capabilities. ALL STOCK FETCHER MEMBERS, please put forth your feelings on this. The more response from SF members on this important subject will show Stock Fetcher we are serious about this request. Thank you.

stocktrader
294 posts
msg #68469
Ignore stocktrader
10/15/2008 8:59:02 PM

SF, please do not implement this unless it is a paid option or no cost to the present price structure. Most people do not need this. There are other products available for real-time applications.
Thanks.

wprice88
2 posts
msg #68473
Ignore wprice88
10/15/2008 10:38:43 PM

I'm not too worried about real time intraday charting...no hurry from me

dforant1
76 posts
msg #68509
Ignore dforant1
10/16/2008 8:10:14 PM

Put me in with the crowd that doesn't need Real Time stuff. I'm with the Plumber. Won't share my profits with anyone :-) Although I gladly pay SF monthly.

Then again if folks needs special needs, so be it, let em pay for it.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #68510
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/16/2008 8:49:41 PM

Yes, MONTHLY DATA is more important to me than real time scans.

Many brokers are offering real time scans on their platform.

No need for SF to compete.

marine2
963 posts
msg #68514
Ignore marine2
10/17/2008 12:49:36 AM

The object in providing better tools to use in certain market conditions is what keeps and adds members to the Stock Fetcher group. When we stifle new innovative ideas is when your service becomes mundane and boring. I am sure Stock Fetcher is looking at many things to keep all of us members satisfied with their service. Stock Fetcher has done a great job so far but they know they can never rest on their past laurels.

Yes, if this new process has to be added to the advanced package so be it. It still would be a nice new feature. What with how the market is now and will be for awhile we need instant response tools to make needed moves giving us the ability to make some money any way we can (legal of course).

BEEZER30
23 posts
msg #68639
Ignore BEEZER30
10/21/2008 1:48:25 PM

I agree with all parties here. I am in the group that would benefit significantly from real-time data and charting and am willing to pay a higher monthly fee to cover this additional service. Those who do not feel the need to upgrade should be able to keep their current service.

I do have the feeling that StockFetcher has been through this before, and if they had the capablity to provide real-time data, they would have offered such a service by now. However, I completely agree with Marine that the current state of market volatility does leave me wanting this ability more than ever before. I find myself running SF scans near the close of the day to get a general idea of a chart, and then looking up the chart using real-time data from my broker. Many times, opportunities are missed and candles change significantly, causing me to miss out on some ideal trades and putting my money into less attractive ideas.

Could someone from Stockfetcher please address the idea of real-time data (I know it has been addressed before, but maybe some things have changed since then).

tomm1111
202 posts
msg #68657
Ignore tomm1111
10/22/2008 1:35:29 AM

I'd pay extra for intra-day real time charting as I haven't found my broker software to scan stocks like SF can.

What I really would like (for the same subscription fees) is greater capability in the written code. For example, it would be nice to be able to calculate (+,-,*,/) more than 2 variables at the same time.

I've run into many dead ends with the code or had to massage the code to do what was intended. This can be frustrating. I also couldn't complete my desired filter because the nested depth wasn't there (and I have an advanced subscription).

Again, if you can string basic math functions together between parentheses would be a tremendous leap in fuctionality.

I.E. set{calc,(var + var1 * var2 / (var3 - var4))}

jimhbutton
104 posts
msg #68924
Ignore jimhbutton
10/31/2008 10:59:11 PM

The SF service is awesome.

If SF could ever get a Real-time feature I'd pay extra for sure.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #68928
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/1/2008 2:17:34 AM

It's better to know what stocks you are going to trade BEFORE the market is open rather than try to hit a "moving target".

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · We need Real Time Filtering and Charting Capabilities NOW!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.