StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Why don't we have trading journals??<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #78814
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/8/2009 7:03:24 PM

I would love to be able to have us each have a trading journal where we record trades, talk about personal strategies, etc, or even just to be more social within a more personal frameowrk.

There is absolutely no reason why SF couldn't expand its Forums to include these for subscribers.

Thoughts?

hawkeyes002
49 posts
msg #78818
Ignore hawkeyes002
9/8/2009 7:51:15 PM

i agree

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #78822
Ignore Eman93
modified
9/8/2009 8:36:55 PM

I just started my own thread.......

You should start you own...

Just start a thread Ks blog.....and start putting it out there....you dont have to be a member to read the fourms anyway....

On second thought dont use the word blog...might attract trolls......

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #78823
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/8/2009 8:42:06 PM

JUST SEEMS LOGICAL TO GIVE MEMBERS A JOURNAL FOR TRADES, RANDOM THOUGHTS, ETC. COSTS NOTHING.

Sorry about the caps - not yelling.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #78833
Ignore miketranz
9/8/2009 11:05:00 PM

Great idea Kevin.Everyone should keep their own personal trading log for all trades.That's the only way you develop competency.To know what's working & what's not.I make notes on every trade I take.The key is to see a pattern in what trades are profitable.What time of day are you trading? What's your holding time? What kind of stocks are you trading? What price stocks are you trading? Whats size are you trading? What's your downsize risk per trade in real dollars? What role do emotions play in your trading ? Do you always find yourself buying high and selling low? These are some of the questions that will help traders become aware of what trades,styles,methods,risks are actually making them money.Do more of what's working,and less of what's not.I think it's a good thing if everyone kicks in what trades are working for them & share different ideas.....

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #78843
Ignore jrbikes
9/9/2009 1:41:44 AM

Kevin, you been hanging around CHETRON? LOL

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #78847
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/9/2009 2:20:45 AM

No, although I would probably benefit from the experience.

I have a wireless keyboard that doesn't have a little light to let me know if the caps lock is on until I am typing. Didn't notice until I was done on that last one, and was feeling lazy.

decipherlinda
133 posts
msg #78877
Ignore decipherlinda
9/9/2009 12:07:38 PM

Miketranz, I agree. There's even a simple form Dan Fitzpatrick likes us to fill out when buying a stock, just to remind us of why we bought "right here, right now" as he likes to say, and that's the key part.

So far all I've done is develop a one line simplified history of what I sold, buy price, sell price, dates -- and profit/loss. Even just that's been an important learning device in identifying patterns I've unknowingly had that have screwed me up.

It's also been helpful in checking current prices of stocks to see what was a good sell despite losses as the stock sometimes plundered down. Otherwise, over time (like the next day), I'd just see that as yet another failure.

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #78907
Ignore luc1grunt
9/9/2009 9:04:48 PM

it is a good idea. we used to have a chatroom, but that fizzled over time. John is staying pretty steady with the intra day thread. Some good content there.

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #78908
Ignore luc1grunt
9/9/2009 9:05:48 PM

Kevin, what is your e-mail?

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Why don't we have trading journals??<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.