StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · a daily trade filter that needs help<< >>Post Follow-up
deejal
45 posts
msg #40998
Ignore deejal
2/5/2006 9:19:35 PM

For quite some time, I have tried and tried and tried... but little success. I see that many help here so here goes it.

I have tried this filter for a bit and at times, it's great, other times...yuck. Any suggestions?

Show stocks where Williams %R (14) has been increasing over the last 2 days
and williams %R (14) crossed -60 from below one day ago
and Average Volume(90) is above 50000
and close is between .5 and 10
and close is between .5 and 20
and exchange is not OTCBB

yepher
359 posts
msg #41000
Ignore yepher
2/5/2006 11:24:44 PM

I do not use William %R so I can not comment on it's reliability. But I do have a few observations about the filter.

- There are a few redundant lines that do nothing. They are removed in the filter below.

- I think the volume amount you have is too thin for the price stocks you are scanning for (unless you are trading a really small account).

- I can imagine that stocks below $1 are less predictable than the >$1. You might try an analysis to prove or dis-prove this.

- Personally I believe that volume has more predictive power than price alone for determining the direction a stock is going to go. Try using a volume indicator to further refine your filter.

- One other trick I like to play is put some constraints on the Advance Decline ratio so a filter will not return any thing if the overall market is not going in the direction to my benefit.

Corrected filter:
Fetcher[
Show stocks where Williams %R (14) has been increasing over the last 2 days
and williams %R (14) crossed -60 from below one day ago
and close is between .5 and 10
and exchange is not OTCBB
]

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #41002
Ignore TheRumpledOne
2/6/2006 12:35:43 AM

It's nice to have you back, Yepher!

deejal
45 posts
msg #41015
Ignore deejal
2/6/2006 1:41:34 PM

thanks. I am not sure how the redundant lines got placed. I think I copied/pasted over it twice.

yepher
359 posts
msg #41069
Ignore yepher
2/7/2006 4:18:33 PM

Thanks TRO :)

-- Yepher

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · a daily trade filter that needs help<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.