StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · applying penny filter to high price stocks<< >>Post Follow-up
jrbikes
624 posts
msg #53605
Ignore jrbikes
7/28/2007 12:25:37 PM

Filter works in all stocks! applied to price range of 20 to 50, hind sight is 20/20, break above upper trend line on smooth chart leads to tremendous gains in a relatively small amount of time, good filter for establishing channels, trade channels based on lower and upper lines, I think this one is a winner, Im not good with indicators, trend lines work best, in conjunction with
EMA(18) and MA(35) along with RSI Factor! simple yet effective!

GTRE developing channel, will it hold, no one knows!

Thats the beauty of the Market, no one really knows!

All I have learned is due to the Post on Stockfetcher and I would like to thank everyone here who replied to me when I had questions!

I cant remember all of them, but I would like to thank all of you, My mission is complete!

Now I must set a new course, to go where no man has gone before,(Penny Heaven)!

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53624
Ignore nikoschopen
7/28/2007 10:24:10 PM

You seemed to be in a great haste to be inducted into the hall of famers in the league of penny fiends, but what's the hurry? In this game, opportunities abound plenty. If not today, then tomorrow; if not tomorrow, then surely some other time. My suggestion is that you stay true to ureself and quit acting like a little kid in a candy shop (figuratively speaking), running excitedly from one shelf to another not knowing exactly what to stash in his mouth.

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #53644
Ignore jrbikes
7/29/2007 8:12:31 PM

my comments are not intended to be construed as indecision, I have been on stockfetcher for 3 years, I have worked very hard at this filter, not so much the filter, but timing the entries, I have never once be-littled or insulted any one on this forum, I am not like a kid in a candy store running from shelf to shelf, I have one goal in mind and it is not to be compared to anyone or be seen as a guru, I like posting on here and I put my filter where my mouth is!

Niko, you have contributed to my post and I am greatly indebted to you for your cander and I have appreciated your comments in the past, I like using words to convey a specific message, sometimes misunderstood at best, but that is fine! I am confindent in My method, if that entails ridicule, then so be it!

Good bye!

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53645
Ignore nikoschopen
7/29/2007 8:36:08 PM

jrbikes,

My comments weren't meant as a ridicule nor am I criticizing ure trading approach. On the contrary, what I largely meant was that you should stick to what you know best and disregard everything else, including what others have to say about it. As the saying goes, ure the master of ure own destiny.

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #53646
Ignore jrbikes
7/29/2007 9:08:28 PM

I understand what you are saying, forgive me if I mis-understood you!

You see, I just get a little excited when I figure this stuff out, it has not been easy, and in the end it is even harder because it was right in front of me all the time! I applied it to the High Priced stocks because I just wanted to see, it seems to me that a collective theory is more productive than a single theory, this site is a Blessing, I just think some people dont see that!
My original journey has come to a Fork in the road, so now the new one begins, My goal is Trading Mastery, that is all I meant! and believe me when I say this, It is the hardest thing I have ever tried to do!

corsino
259 posts
msg #53648
Ignore corsino
7/29/2007 10:58:54 PM

jrbikes
It's great that you are having success with your filter. Actually, I suspect that your success is not due so much to the filter as to what you refer to as "timing your entries." The filter itself is a bullish filter and probably will work well under bullish conditions, but backtests rather mediocre for the last few months, so be careful. The market has a nasty habit of cutting the props right under you when you least expect it.

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #53684
Ignore jrbikes
7/30/2007 6:52:29 PM

Thanks corsino, I have tried to back test this filter with dismal results, the filter gives me the bullish picks, but only the ones that have crossed the trend line are considered, there are many that have gone up the 10% but have not crossed the trend line, out the window they go, I have been watching pennies for 4 years, just didnt have enough experience to see what I was looking at, Im gaining though, but I try to remain realistic, believe me, I lost some money last year,(due to emotions) I now know that all stocks are crap and are treated as such!

I have committed your comments to memory, its easy when things are going good, not so easy when the rug is pulled out!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · applying penny filter to high price stocks<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.