StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · big time bottom alert seem to be having a 8-16-07 bottom soon<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
maxreturn
745 posts
msg #58800
Ignore maxreturn
modified
1/7/2008 4:23:04 PM

Karen, I haven't tested Mary's filter so I can't speak for it's accuracy. Keep in mind the 20d indicator is simply Mary's definition of an oversold stock. As you probably know it may very well work when the broad market is in an uptrend but you'll get killed if you try to find bottoms when the market is in a free fall. In answer to your question about stocks that have topped you could simply flip around Mary's filter:

Fetcher[set{20d, close divided by ma(20)} and stock is optionable and average volume(50) above 500000 and price above 15 and 20d above 1.1 and draw ma(20) and add column 20d and sort column 5 descending and price below ma(200)]

This filter finds stocks whose close is at least 10% above the 20 day moving average. Note that I also added in "price below ma(200)". I'm a big believer in only shorting stocks that are trading below it's ma(200) and ideally the ma(200) is also downsloping. Opposite is true for buys.

Good luck
Max

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #58805
Ignore nikoschopen
1/7/2008 5:13:44 PM

Not only will 20d kill you in a downtrend, one of SF favorites for all seasons (that's right, "RSI(2) below 1") will kill you just as fast, if not faster.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #58807
Ignore maxreturn
1/7/2008 6:23:18 PM

Niko, righto! If only it were so easy eh?

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #58811
Ignore karennma
1/7/2008 7:41:45 PM

Interesting ....
"below 200 dma" gives me only 1 pick.
"above 200 dma" gives me 11 picks.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · big time bottom alert seem to be having a 8-16-07 bottom soon<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.