StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · can someone help me write a custom standard deviation filter for sf<< >>Post Follow-up
numbat1
17 posts
msg #90681
Ignore numbat1
4/1/2010 10:59:38 PM

Hi I am hoping some of you very clever people could help me write a filter:

I want to plot :

1:Standard deviation channel price= close, deviations 1, fullrange, length 21

2: standard deviation channel price= close, deviations 1, fullrange,length 21

plus find stocks( any price) that are at the bottom and top channels.

I have TOS and can plot this but I cannot scan stockfetcher.

I have tried to learn but I must be missing something , ( ok Im stupid)

Thanks in advance for any help

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #90682
Ignore Eman93
4/2/2010 12:06:52 AM

This is kind of a do it yourself site.....some examples are in the Indacator tab, or do a search on the indacator lots of examples.

Many people will help you once you try to build a filter..even if it wont work.

Its the teach a man to fish thing........

Post up what you have tried and people will help.

numbat1
17 posts
msg #90689
Ignore numbat1
4/2/2010 4:21:28 AM

eman I have tried to write it myself, but in all honesty I do not really understand it, I have been a member since inception and was happy with the technical scans already in place, I appreciate your input but would be happy if someone can help me and then I can post how I intend to use it.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #90733
Ignore Eman93
4/2/2010 11:55:53 PM

I dont think they have a channel for SD

Building a custom channel indacator is litte beyond me... is this close?

Fetcher[show stocks where the standard deviation(21) reached a new 21 day low]

---------------------------

Standard Deviation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parameters Period
Avg Period
Usage Standard Deviation(10)
Normalized Standard Deviation(15)
Average Standard Deviation(10,5)
Average Normalized Standard Deviation(15,3)

Description The standard deviaition is a statistical measure indicating how much a set of data is changing over a given period of time. StockFetcher provides two different standard deviation measures (along with a simple moving average of each.) The normalized standard deviation divides the standard deviation results by the average of the closing prices as an attempt to perform some normalization to the values.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #90751
Ignore chetron
modified
4/3/2010 12:42:36 PM

MAYBE...

Fetcher[

SET{VAR1,COUNT(standard deviation(21) reached a new 21 day low WITHING LAST 5 DAY,1)}
SET{VAR2,COUNT(standard deviation(21) reached a new 21 day HIGH WITHING LAST 5 DAY,1)}
SET{VAR3,COUNT(STANDARD DEVIATION(21) CROSSED BELOW AVERAGE STANDARD DEVIATION(21),1)}
SET{VAR4,COUNT(STANDARD DEVIATION(21) CROSSED ABOVE AVERAGE STANDARD DEVIATION(21),1)}

SET{VBI,VAR1 * VAR4}
SET{VSS,VAR2 * VAR3}
SET{VPLAYS,VBI + VSS}

SET{VSSFAILURE,VSS - VAR3}
SET{VBIFAILURE,VBI - VAR4}

DRAW VSS ON PLOT VBI
DRAW VSSFAILURE ON PLOT VBIFAILURE
DRAW STANDARD DEVIATION(21)

VPLAYS ABOVE .5
DO NOT DRAW VPLAYS
CLOSE ABOVE .1
VOLUME ABOVE 100000

]

numbat1
17 posts
msg #90756
Ignore numbat1
4/3/2010 9:36:57 PM

Hi Eman and Chetron, Thanks for your time and interest. I will upload a picture of the chart ( when I find out how ). Basically it has 5 parallel lines when the stock hits the extremes it gravitates back to the centreline. The technicals are beyond me but it is very accurate and I want to share it and I have no doubt you guys will turn it inside out and improve it too. Even if I cannot build a filter to show it, maybe I can build a filter to include something similar and apply the stocks to see it they fit...again many thanks

tomm1111
202 posts
msg #90763
Ignore tomm1111
4/4/2010 4:09:28 AM

This might similar to what you describe. 21 day high/low SD channel. The long/short criteria is established when touching the new 21 day highs or lows.

Fetcher[
set{var,cstddev(close,21)}
set{var1,close + var}
set{var2,close - var}
set{var3,var * 2}
set{var4,close + var3}
set{var5,close - var3}

draw var1 21 day high on plot price
draw var2 21 day low on plot price

set{long,count(var2 at 21 day low,1)}
set{short,count(var1 at 21 day high,1)}

draw long
draw short on plot long

close above 1
VOLUME ABOVE 100000
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · can someone help me write a custom standard deviation filter for sf<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.