StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · +di and -di creating a tight spring<< >>Post Follow-up
acfncp3
59 posts
msg #83715
Ignore acfncp3
12/2/2009 1:03:20 AM

I've noticed that when the + and - di's wrap tightly around each other moving in the same direction for 3 to 4 days, that once it unwinds suddenly it will tell which direction to buy into very clearly.

For example IPI chart during the dates 11/12/09 and 11/16/09 and once again at 10/8/09 to 10/13/09 the di's almost form a single rope. Once the di's break apart it gives a clear and strong signal for the next 3 to 7 days.

Of course when looking at enough charts this is something you just observe but are never able to catch. Is there a way that SF could search for this setup in time for you to take the right side of the trade.

Thanks ahead of time.

Bill

acfncp3
59 posts
msg #83719
Ignore acfncp3
12/2/2009 8:14:23 AM

I tried this code:

DI(14) Difference equal 1 for last 2 days
stocks are optionable
close above 25
add column di(14) difference

but it's not really what I want. If you look at SLB on 9/2 - 9/3 for two days the difference was in the decimals. How would I write this in SF.

Thanks for the help,

Bill

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #83720
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
12/2/2009 9:18:25 AM

For example:

Fetcher[
set{my_diff, PDI - MDI}
set{abs_diff, abs(my_diff)}
set{spring, count(abs_diff less than 1,5)}

show stocks where spring is above 3
and average volume(50) is above 50000
and draw +DI
and draw -DI

and do not draw spring
and add column spring
sort on column 5 descending
]

Arooj
15 posts
msg #83800
Ignore Arooj
12/3/2009 7:25:27 PM

Hey Bill,

check this site out: www.adxcellence.com. It'll give you more food for thought.

I have bought their book on ADX, and I have studied it, but my SF coding skills are not as advanced as I would wish them to be. Your observations are very good, and there is a great deal of information present when you change the "typical" parameters of ADX/DMI.

I will attempt to post more soon; my current efforts are more in the day-trading realm but I too want to be able to generate
statistics like the RFR screen based on certain ADX/DMI criteria.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · +di and -di creating a tight spring<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.