StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · four, filter question for you<< >>Post Follow-up
einok
msg #97776
Ignore einok
modified
12/3/2010 12:09:57 PM

Here is the formula i am interested in having a filter

Description: Heikin Ashi charts calculate their own open (HAO), high (HAH), low (HAL), and close (HAC), using the actual open (O), high (H), low (L), and close (C), of the time frame (e.g. the open, high, low, and close, of each day, five minutes, etc)

Calculation:
HAO = (HAO-1 + HAC-1) / 2
HAC = (O + H + L + C) / 4
HAH = Highest(H, HAO, HAC)
HAL = Lowest(L, HAO, HAC)

Is it possible to make a bullish filter with the following ?:

For breakout HAC close above prior days HAH
For pullback HAC close at or below prior days midsection, but above prior days HAL

And bearish filter:
For breakout HAC close below prior days HAL
For pullback HAC close at or above prior days midsection, but above prior days HAH

Thanks again for your help

****UPDATE****

I think this is coded correctly. It passes the debugger and I am now trying to figure out the best way to utilize it for bullish and bearish plays.

set {haclose1, open + high }
set {haclose2, low + close }
set {haclosetotal, haclose1 + haclose2}
set {haclosefinal, haclosetotal/4}

set {haopen, open 1 day ago + close 1 day ago}
set {haopenfinal, haopen/2}

set {hahigh1, max (high, haopen)}
set {hahigh2, max (hahigh1, haclosefinal)}
set {hahighfinal, max (hahigh1, hahigh2)}

set {halow1, min (low, haopen)}
set {halow2, min (halow1, haclosefinal)}
set {halowfinal, min (halow1, halow2)}

Any recommendations appreciated

four
5,087 posts
msg #97800
Ignore four
12/4/2010 3:43:14 AM

Heikin Ashi charts

I have no experience with this trading "style"

Perhaps someone can lend some thoughts on Heikin Ashi charts

einok
msg #97854
Ignore einok
12/6/2010 4:04:51 PM

i'm trying a pullback bearish filter

i think it would be something like this take the hahighfinal from 3 days ago and scan if that is below the hahighfinal from 2 days ago (this is the pullback)

then scan the hahighfinal 2 days ago and see if the hahighfinal 1 day ago is below that.

i'm not sure how to code this and would appreciate the help

how i am thinking is from today, look back 3 days, note if a pullback within the downtrend has occured. then check to see if it has actually pulled back.

please excuse in advance, because coding isn't my forte. hopefully i am getting the point across

four
5,087 posts
msg #97855
Ignore four
12/6/2010 4:40:06 PM

perhaps...
set {haclose1, open + high }
set {haclose2, low + close }
set {haclosetotal, haclose1 + haclose2}
set {haclosefinal, haclosetotal/4}

set {haopen, open 1 day ago + close 1 day ago}
set {haopenfinal, haopen/2}

set {hahigh1, max (high, haopen)}
set {hahigh2, max (hahigh1, haclosefinal)}
set {hahighfinal, max (hahigh1, hahigh2)}

set {halow1, min (low, haopen)}
set {halow2, min (halow1, haclosefinal)}
set {halowfinal, min (halow1, halow2)}

hahighfinal 3 days ago < hahighfinal from 2 days ago
hahighfinal 1 day ago < hahighfinal 2 days ago

----------- I added the 2 lines at the bottom, based on your request.
----------- However, I was greeted with the following message,

Your StockFetcher filter exceeds filter performance restrictions.
To run this filter, please upgrade to the StockFetcher Advanced subscription level.

Sorry :(

einok
msg #97859
Ignore einok
12/6/2010 8:04:04 PM

thanks four. i notice a lot of these are pullbacks within an uptrend. is there a way to isolate pullbacks within a downtrend? i'm getting there on this thanks to your help

four
5,087 posts
msg #97863
Ignore four
12/6/2010 11:22:14 PM

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/stocks/commentary/lftw/Shallow-pullback-to-10-day-MA-in-uptrend.cfm

like this ?

einok
msg #97872
Ignore einok
12/7/2010 12:10:50 PM

four,

good article. what do you think would be the best approach to utilize the formulas in my filter? i would like to be able to utilize the HA values, because they seem to make great entry points? The problem is making sure you are in a true uptrend or downtrend, because similar HA candles can appear in both. thanks for any ideas you might have.

evunia
2 posts
msg #123502
Ignore evunia
4/7/2015 12:08:15 PM

Have you made any improvements to your Heikin-Ashi scan since then?
Does SF only allow binary additions (A+B), and not A+B+C+C?

four
5,087 posts
msg #123503
Ignore four
4/7/2015 3:07:12 PM

Have you made any improvements to your Heikin-Ashi scan since then? No
Does SF only allow binary additions (A+B), and not A+B+C+C? Only 2 at a time

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · four, filter question for you<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.