StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · help with low touching ma(50)<< >>Post Follow-up
arthur702
38 posts
msg #42592
Ignore arthur702
3/28/2006 11:00:05 AM

Hi, can anyone write me a filter where the low touched ma(50) within the last 2 days and now its above ma(50)?

Thanks.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #42593
Ignore maxreturn
3/28/2006 12:07:45 PM

Arthur, you should really read the manual. This is a very elementary filter.

arthur702
38 posts
msg #42602
Ignore arthur702
3/28/2006 4:02:02 PM

hi, i know the filter, but it doesnt catch all of the stocks where they actually touched the low the prior day. for instance:

show stocks where low touched ma(50) within the last 1 day

and the stock that did that was WFT and it doesnt show up on the scan. can you tell me why?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #42603
Ignore nikoschopen
3/28/2006 4:27:53 PM

art,

The reason why WFT was left out was prolly because its low wasn't within a spitting distance from the ma(50). But who can know for certain since the term "touching" is ambiguous at best.

You should note, however, that "show stocks where low touched ma(50) within the last 1 day" doesn't refer to the low of yesterday but rather to today's low (so methinks).

I would think the proper expression should be
Fetcher["show stocks where low 1 day ago touched ma(50) 1 day ago"]

But, here's how I would approach it:

Fetcher[
count(low crossed below ma(50),2) above 0
close above ma(50)
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · help with low touching ma(50)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.