StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · higher highs on ADX<< >>Post Follow-up
acfncp3
59 posts
msg #73302
Ignore acfncp3
4/4/2009 7:19:58 AM

I attended a webinar with Dr. Schapp the other day. He teaches about the adx dmi indicator. I have been using +di(14) and -di(14) crosses a lot in my trading. One thing that I heard that was a little new was to look for a higher high in the adx. Now he teaches that for bullish stocks the adx and +di(14) need to be above 25. Is there a way to have SF search for stocks that are making a new high in the adx. Could it even search for stocks where the first high was below 25 and the second high was above 25.

Thanks ahead of time.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #73303
Ignore chetron
4/4/2009 8:08:52 AM

do you have an equity i can use as an example?

traderjohn913
1 posts
msg #73909
Ignore traderjohn913
4/28/2009 6:18:40 PM

I've read some things about ADX that suggest if the ADX line is 0 to 25 a stock is trading in a range and take a pass on it. If the ADX line is above 25, that is the beginning of a trend(up or down). As it moves above 30 a strong trend as started. Not many stocks get above 50. Once they get above 50, you start to see an end of the trend. Just follow the ADX line and do not use +D or -D crossovers. I find this last thing hard to do.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #73911
Ignore chetron
modified
4/28/2009 8:24:30 PM

how about......

Fetcher[

adx above adx 34 day high 1 day ago

]

or even...

Fetcher[
pdi above pdi 34 day high 1 day ago
pdi 1 day ago below pdi 34 day high 1 day ago
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · higher highs on ADX<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.