StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · how to win the cnbc stock contest<< >>Post Follow-up
MARY4MONEY
806 posts
msg #62703
Ignore MARY4MONEY
5/16/2008 12:51:06 PM

you want to play the stocks that have a wm% above 0.15(or 15% weekly average movement-the high the better and more money you will make) use the qqqq and qid as counter bottom and top balances- will last friday the qqqq was at its 5 day low as were most of the strocks- you want to use the stocks with the highest wm% which are mainly the solar and shipping stocks- so you bought all the stocks that are mover s>0.15 on the wm% at fridays close that are on the cnbc list of stocks- that included csiq solf drys exm dsx spwr eslr tsl stp in the contest you got last fridays close as the buy point.( and its best to use the maxium amount you can buy which is 25% of you 1 million tial dollars----i used 12.5% and got 8 of these and 5 others too- giving me 3 -- of t he5 stock groups you can have in the contest- and im selling at today close near all their highs---- okay here is whta i got so far drys--79-112--42% dsx 32.70-38.50--20% exm 45.90-55.50--21% csiq--32.5 to 46.50-- 43% solf 14.85-21.50--45%eslr 8.25-9.37--14% tsl-40.78--49.43---21%-- i sure wish i had of played solf csiq drys tsl- you would of been up to >32% average by buyiung 25% of 250000k$ of each--any way im up about 19% on 2 of my three stock groups- and i will get back in when we reach the next bottom- with these same stocks

marine2
963 posts
msg #62725
Ignore marine2
5/17/2008 12:57:27 AM

Mary, why dont you win that contest and then you will have believers in your methodology. Why let someone else win it?

rtucker
318 posts
msg #62728
Ignore rtucker
modified
5/17/2008 2:21:08 AM

s

MARY4MONEY
806 posts
msg #62731
Ignore MARY4MONEY
5/17/2008 9:42:40 AM

im very confused about something- and i think it kept me from being in the lead- im at about 24% on 2 of my portfolios- but does anyone know when the trades are executed because it says you can make 50 trades a day? i put my trades in using the 25% max on each stock in the morning of monday but they didnt execute until after hours on monday- also i put my sells in at solf csiq drys highes yesterday but it didnt execute until ah yesterday--so does this mean you can only trade the clsoing stock prices as buys or sells at the 1600 price? in the contest rules it says to make sure all your trades have been executed before 1600 on the cnbc site- but all i see after i put a order in is that the order is pending all day long-in fact i lost all my gains on one of the portfolios like being up 20% on solf and then i changed my allocation from 25% to 0 % on the 12000 shares and lost all my gains from the previuos days buys- can some one please explain how the trading is done on here and when your orders are executed- thank lerogee

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #62738
Ignore nikoschopen
5/17/2008 3:20:18 PM

Just to be anal, I should mention that our sweet Judas has already answered ure question. He couldn't possibly allow the master to openly betray his flocks, yet again.

Quote from WALLSTREETGENIUS:

You're so full of crap! So you you knew ALL of these stocks were going to gap? You are a liar! You know why? Because this contest that YOU say you are dominating in, doesn't allow you to enter trades intraday. You wouldn't have gotten in on (ESLR) until it already gapped on 5/14. Do you know how I know?...because the good news on the "Tax Credits" for the solar industry didn't hit the public till 11:AM on 5/13! That means that the only way for you to get in on ESLR was on 5/14 on the open. But it already gapped on the open to $9.06. So quit your Bullsh*t already! There are people on this site that actually trade for a living, AND watch the news.

marine2
963 posts
msg #62760
Ignore marine2
5/18/2008 1:51:37 AM

I wonder if there will be a rebuttal to that most recent statement of astonishment ?

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #62885
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
5/21/2008 2:04:39 PM

"Just to be anal, I should mention that our sweet Judas has already answered ure question. He couldn't possibly allow the master to openly betray his flocks, yet again. "

That is classic! LOL....

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #62886
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
5/21/2008 2:08:39 PM

"I wonder if there will be a rebuttal to that most recent statement of astonishment ?"

Well let's see...today is the 21st of the month, so, I think it's safe to say that there WONT be a "rebuttal" to "that most recent astonishment!" So don't hold your breath any longer Marine2. I do believe "Mary has left the building!" LOL....

RIGGS

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · how to win the cnbc stock contest<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.