StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · important question for optionplayer, kevin, etc.<< >>Post Follow-up
jimmynguyen
24 posts
msg #95006
Ignore jimmynguyen
modified
7/23/2010 12:26:26 AM

How come the stock price went up today, but the premiums for the calls decreased? Shouldn't it increase as the price moves closer to the call? Please help.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #95007
Ignore alf44
modified
7/23/2010 1:00:08 AM

... just so you know "jimmynguyen" ... I ain't buyin' the screenname !

You smell to me like an alias ... time will tell !

---

To your question ... dipshit !!!

An option's price is made up of 3 things...

1) Intrinsic Value

2) Time Value

3) Implied Volatility

---

Since by your post it appears that you are apparently referring to an Out Of The Money Call Option ...

... there can be NO "Intrinsic Value" !!!

MOST of the value in an OTM Option is in it's "Time Value" !

Therefore, Time Decay (ie. the daily melting away of "Time Value") ... would account for the dwindling "premium" of an OTM Call ! ( and YES ... EVEN if the underlying security goes UP)

---

DUH !!!

jimmynguyen
24 posts
msg #95008
Ignore jimmynguyen
7/23/2010 1:16:46 AM

That was fast response. Thanks alfafa! I get it now. Options isn't for the weak. That optionplayer guy is sure tough. You're buddies with him? Got so many resources from him, but still ain't got a clue how to play options.

drew9
171 posts
msg #95037
Ignore drew9
7/23/2010 3:25:55 PM

Alf, it cannot be him as he actually used periods in his sentance!

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #95048
Ignore alf44
modified
7/24/2010 12:23:02 AM

drew ... this "character" has NO posting history !!!

... of the 3 or 4 posts he/she has ... 2 or 3 of them came on THE DAY ... that "Mary / optionplayer / etc... etc..." ... UHHH ... "retired" !!!

---

Pardon me if I'm a bit ... well ... "suspicious" !

Maybe I'm wrong ... MAYBE I'M NOT !!!

As I said ... time will tell !!!

---

BUT ... UHHH ... "jimmynguyen" ... indeed !!!

PAH - LEEEZE !!!

jimmynguyen
24 posts
msg #95052
Ignore jimmynguyen
modified
7/24/2010 3:27:22 AM

Huh? You guys are weird. Sounds like you got some drama going on with someone else here. I'm complete newbie. I apologize if i asked such a dumb question making ya think i was fooling to be someone. Just trying to learn. Oh well, what a great way to make buddies.

Hey so you guys know anything about that optionplayer guy. Is there such thing as predicting the market with 100% accuracy (holy grail). Reading his stuff has made me crazy. I've tried the rsi2, but sometimes it could stay down there and trend keeps going lower. Bye. Thanks again.

by the way, jimmynguyen ain't my name. :)

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #95053
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
7/24/2010 8:11:00 AM

I would suggest avoiding options for the most part - the potential upside is attractive, but the likelihood of losing ALL of your investment due to sudden price changes or through time decay is simply more downside than I am willing to risk.

Don't be afraid to put a few folks here on ignore if they act up - many of us put optionplayer333 and his other aliases on ignore WAAAY back. I recently removed that for him and (of course) regretted it almost immediately.

Welcome to the forums - feel free to ask questions at any level.

Kevin

Garrett1410
15 posts
msg #95080
Ignore Garrett1410
7/25/2010 10:06:39 AM

Also as the price went up, the volatility went down

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · important question for optionplayer, kevin, etc.<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.