StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · is it just me or...<< >>Post Follow-up
lillian
26 posts
msg #87621
Ignore lillian
2/1/2010 11:35:06 PM

the more i test a scenario, the crappier the results. is anyone else seeing this?

trendscanner
265 posts
msg #87670
Ignore trendscanner
2/2/2010 11:47:58 AM

It's not you. No filter works perfectly, or even necessarily very well, under all market conditions. We all would love to find a filter that you run and then simply buy or sell the stocks if finds and they all make money everytime. Since that filter doesn't exist, we might try to find the next best thing, which is a filter that statistically produces good results consistently under certain market conditions, then use that filter when market conditions are appropriate.

A good example of this type of filter is the VIX-SPY ETF filter; you can find detailed discussion of it on this site. Traded according to the rules, it statistically produces good results but is not necessarily a sure thing everytime.

Generally, good filters from this site can identify good candidates for trading but making money consistently using this approach requires great skill in managing each trade.

You can learn a lot about trading by reading past posts on this forum.

GL

four
5,087 posts
msg #87688
Ignore four
2/2/2010 1:37:53 PM

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?q=view&tid=82224&start=60

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · is it just me or...<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.