StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · look at the post on holy grail below after 4 days you win 99%<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
jthehut
124 posts
msg #28679
Ignore jthehut
9/19/2003 1:30:03 AM

HG hasn't posted in a while. No offense to HG (too much respect for him), but if you do a search and read his posts, they were HARD to understand. He was writing like he had pure expresso in his veins...ie lots of run on sentences and mixed ideas. Quite frankly, I'm glad RumpledOne took over writing...the man is very concise, clear, and VERY generous. He will reply to newbie-questions usually personally, or at least guide you to where to go.

I imagine HG got p.o.'ed by newbie-type questions...the guy is zipping along at 1000 mph, and I think it frustrated him when he had to slow down to someone else's level ie 5-10 mph when you first start here on SF.

My advice is read back-posts as much as you can...it helps BIG TIME. Please don't ask questions that would be easily answered if you spent even a little bit of time reading the back-posts. Obviously, we should all help each other as much as we can, to benefit the total group. Post your questions accordingly, we are all learning at different levels here.

Hope this helps,
jabba

jthehut
124 posts
msg #28680
Ignore jthehut
9/19/2003 1:46:34 AM

JOE G,
Your trading style is not suitable for RSI(2) filterage. These "picks" MUST be traded, ie they are NOT meant for buy-and-hold. I, along with many others here, have successfully traded RSI(2), and you're right, it takes time out of the day to actually TRADE them. But I still like to make 1-5% profits sometimes in mere minutes...rather than wait for a few days for this to happen. I think you're trading method CAN work for many people, but we're not comparing apples to apples, you are more buy-and-hold (yes I realize SOMETIMES the hold isn't so long) but Avery's system works on ACTIVE TRADING. Avery's system, in mathematical terms, has the potential to make more money much faster than your system. But you say your system has more "safety"? Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, but there's always a risk to making money in the markets, whichever way one decides to trade.

Joe, I respect your trading style, and it may be right for many people insofar as many people can't actively trade. I still can't believe you can make as much or even more money than RSI(2) system can. Your results will never be accurate using EOD data for your calculations, as several trades on the same stock/same day may occur.

Joe, I also respect that you put your neck out on the line with an actual system...my hats off to you for creating/promoting a trading system. You have the ability to look good or bad, with your picture and name on that.

Please stop trying to compete with Avery, unless you want to trade his style. The guy trades for his living, and he's really good at what he does. That's not to say you're not good/the best at your system, just let it go...

respectfully,
Mark aka jabba-the-hut

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #28681
Ignore JoeGrossinger
9/19/2003 8:31:52 AM

Not trying to compete with Avery. Just trying to get him to lay off the bragging. It's tiresome and boorish. There is no need to start a bragging thread in the Filter EXCHANGE forum.

I have come to the same conclusion that HG (RSI) needs a second chance and will trade them starting next week as a separate forum.

I have always agreed that the theory behind HG RSI(2) is sound even if it was used way back in the early part of the 20th Century.
There is nothing new but it is sound. NO use constantly bragging about it though.

HG LRI seems to work better and I will just continue with that one the way it is being traded now.

I am not hung up on any one trading method or scheme, but I do like to test and test and test before I sink money.
I test various filters and trading techniques and thought I may as well make them public and invite comments and other people certainly are welcome to paper trade on Koliga as well.
I do everything I can to make it as realistic as possible.
http://www.koliga.com/forum/index.php?c=5

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28682
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/19/2003 8:56:22 AM

Ron... your reply makes no sense... you asked about the filters, I posted them. I am denying nothing. Anything else?

Joe G... RSI(2) not doing well? Are you crazy? You know you have to TRADE the stock, not just buy it, sit back and hope. You have to sell the peaks! You don't just buy every stock the filter spits out. Once again, you have to TRADE the stock, watching and waiting for the entry to materialize. Some days, you don't buy the stock because you never get the entry signal. But that's right, Joe, waiting for green is too convuluted for you.

I do believe the RSI(2) filter picked out MRXT yesterday and it doubled! But you have to be there to take your profit. In other words, Joe, you can't go to bed when the market is red!

I am on yahoo messenger during market hours if anyone wishes to contact me.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28683
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/19/2003 9:13:27 AM

Joe G.

One thing you are failing to realize is the Linear Regression and RSI(2) are meant to be used TOGETHER.

When you see a stock bottoming on the Lower Lin Reg line, you check it's RSI(2) to see if that has bottomed. NOTE: One stock's bottom may be 1 and another's 5.

When you see a stock bottoming on RSI(2), you check to see if it is bottoming on the Lower Lin Reg line.

The reason you run them separately is because as you increase the RSI(2) value, you get more stocks to weed through. Running them separately speeds the weeding process. Then you check the Watch List for "doubles".

Furthermore, if you find Positive Divergence (PD) in the RSI(2) (PD: lower prices making higher rsi), you have just struck gold! Look at what COPY did yesterday. If you are not impressed by a 4% daily gain, that's ok.

Also, we usually trade the stocks that are trending up. Not to mention, we also look at the weekly and monthly charts for confirmation.

Even if you flipped a coin to pick stocks, you can still make money if you TRADE the stock using good money management practices.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

makeroftrades
29 posts
msg #28706
Ignore makeroftrades
9/19/2003 11:03:42 PM

ok there seems to be more non filters being shared and explained and more of the ego and head bashing going on , theres a standard few here who play truth or dare, and im about ready to think they feel the need to share and be united in a ceremony of love and hate ...same sex , for filters . why cant joe , who i must say has put forth some great filters , and avery - and the other trekkie , just show what they got , be what they are and let joe do his work , see joe cares and shares not shares his load ...thanks all

jthehut
124 posts
msg #28708
Ignore jthehut
9/20/2003 5:30:49 AM

If you read above, many gems are there...re-read it several times, it's ALL there!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28722
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/20/2003 12:58:26 PM

Go to deprez's G5 site.

Who's #1?

See who tweaked the HolySmoke Filter and made it better.

No secret filters there.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28729
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/20/2003 2:08:15 PM

Did anyone trade COPY yesterday?

COPYTELE INC (OTC BB:COPY.OB) Quote data by Reuters

Last Trade: 0.77
Trade Time: Sep 19
Change: 0.19 (32.76%)
Prev Close: 0.58
Open: 0.55
Bid: 0.75 x 2500
Ask: 0.80 x 2500
1y Target Est: N/A

Day's Range: 0.54 - 0.84
52wk Range: 0.12 - 0.88
Volume: 793,100
Avg Vol (3m): 307,376
Market Cap: 58.32M
P/E (ttm): N/A
EPS (ttm): 0.00
Div & Yield: N/A (N/A)

It's all here folks. No, telling you after it happened. I told you about COPY the day BEFORE it popped. I showed you that RSI(2) and Positive Divergence works. You could have bought COPY at .55 and sold at .83. That's a 50% gain in a day!

Now what do you have to say JOE G.?

Just go to https://www.ipropel.com:8443/stocks/index.jsp as see for yourself.

CASE CLOSED.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28730
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/20/2003 2:10:57 PM

bragging

Brag Brag, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Bragged; p. pr. & vb. n. Bragging.] [OE. braggen to resound, blow, boast (cf. F. braguer to lead a merry life, flaunt, boast, OF. brague merriment), from Icel. braka to creak, brak noise, fr. the same root as E. break; properly then, to make a noise, boast. ?95.] To talk about one's self, or things pertaining to one's self, in a manner intended to excite admiration, envy, or wonder; to talk boastfully; to boast; -- often followed by of; as, to brag of one's exploits, courage, or money, or of the great things one intends to do.

Conceit, more rich in matter than in words, Brags of his substance, not of ornament. --Shak.

Syn: To swagger; boast; vapor; bluster; vaunt; flourish; talk big.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

The proof is here:

https://www.ipropel.com:8443/stocks/index.jsp

FACTS IS FACTS.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · look at the post on holy grail below after 4 days you win 99%<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.