StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · most r sheep on here-gave you dead bottom buys yesterday<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
maxreturn
745 posts
msg #59127
Ignore maxreturn
1/18/2008 4:27:32 PM

curmudgeon, forgive me but the only self-proclaimed guru I see littering this forum is Mary. Who are all the others? BTW...WTF does "nicks" mean? It's getting to the point where one needs a freaking dictionary to understand what you and Niko are saying.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59130
Ignore nikoschopen
1/18/2008 4:39:48 PM

Max, chill out. "Nicks" means just that: nicknames.

BTW why the hell would anyone use more than one nick? After all, ure only allowed one nick per account...unless ure stupid to pay for two (or more) accounts just to post multiple idiotic posts.

curmudgeon
103 posts
msg #59134
Ignore curmudgeon
modified
1/18/2008 11:02:56 PM

Using multiple nicks or tag teams of multiple posters is a way to generate positive spin for your products. Also known as forum spamming.

One poster posts something about how great their system is or whatever. Then another "nick" asks a seemingly genuine question. The original poster responds essentially controlling both sides of the conversation and unwitting readers can be drawn in or influenced by the bogus conversation. This is SOP for online marketing. It's just that some are better at it than others.

Another example is found at places like epinions or amazon. How many of those product reviews do you think are real? I know for a fact that it's common, even necessary, for manufacturers to pay writers to do reviews.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #59141
Ignore maxreturn
1/19/2008 1:00:55 PM

Niko, I'm always Chillin! Thanks to you and Curmudgeon for the clarification.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59145
Ignore nikoschopen
1/19/2008 3:21:22 PM

curmy,

While that might be true, with Mary's kindergarten-esque grammar the ghost writer effect is a bit of stretch. But spamming, well that's another story. I think she should lower her fees (was it $500?) now that so many of her calls went sour.

curmudgeon
103 posts
msg #59151
Ignore curmudgeon
1/19/2008 10:07:30 PM

Like I said niko, some are better than others. Seems like some people think it's still 1997 and use the same tactics and mentality. Why are there so many "used car salesmen" types in this business? You would think if they were so successful they would come up with better methods for their "Get Rich Quick" BS.

One thing for sure, starting a thread with "most r sheep on here-gave you dead bottom buys yesterday" as the title is a little obnoxious. But hey, whatever. Rock on Mary....you're entertaining at least.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #59153
Ignore alf44
modified
1/19/2008 10:58:22 PM

now curmudgeon's comments...way back when on the "Swing Trading" thread...

----------------------------------------------------------

12/6/2007 12:45:12 PM

Alf why does my gut say there's something fishy about you?

----------------------------------------------------------

...make perfect sense ! He actually thinks that I am one of Rumpled's OTHER nicks !!! LOL

Since I sided with TRO in that excahnge...I MUST be...just another TRO alias ! Too funny !

curmudge...do you ALSO see "dead people" ???

curmudgeon
103 posts
msg #59154
Ignore curmudgeon
1/19/2008 11:03:46 PM

Alf the only thing I know for certain about you is that you're a prick. with an agenda.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #59155
Ignore alf44
1/20/2008 1:32:08 AM

what "agenda" could I possibly have...you nitwit ?

I hardly even post in these forums !

YOU...my friend...are nucking futs !!! LOL

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · most r sheep on here-gave you dead bottom buys yesterday<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.