StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · new high since new low<< >>Post Follow-up
skymuse
14 posts
msg #67771
Ignore skymuse
9/26/2008 4:30:33 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to find stocks that have established a new low and then a new high since that low.

For example, I find the 260-day low:

set{260low, 260-day low}

Next I want to find the high price SINCE that low and calculate the close versus that new high. Note that this is NOT the 260-day high, only the high since the 260-day low.

set{newhi, ?????}
set{comp_diff, close - newhi}
set{comp_div, comp_diff/newhi}
set{comp_pct, 100 * comp_div}
close is within 25% of comp_pct

This low could have occurred a month ago, last week, or yesterday, so I'm not sure how to set up that variable. I can do the calculation once I have my newhi variable.

Please? I'll share once it's put together......

Thanks!

hovik818
1 posts
msg #67805
Ignore hovik818
9/26/2008 5:55:04 PM

sounds like a good idea, i'll be looking forward to this one.

badfish
2 posts
msg #81165
Ignore badfish
modified
10/15/2009 8:27:59 PM

I'm also looking for this feature. Any follow-ups?

Here is the main body of the conversation between the StockFetcher tech support and me:

Me: I have two questions. 1)How could I count how many days passed since a stock PPS reached its highest point of the past 3 months. 2) And then how could I find the lowest price since that day when the stock PPS reached that highest point?

StockFetcher:
set{days_since_high, days(high reached a new 90 day high, 91)}
close > 10
and add column days_since_high
and draw high 90 day high
and days_since_high > 80

In regards to the second question, this isn't possible with StockFetcher.

Me: Thanks. As to the 2nd question, which is my ultimate motivation, can we use “low the days_since_high day low” to get it? Since there is a function like “low the 30 day low”, I’m thinking that maybe we can replace the constant “30” with a variable. I’m thinking along this line, hope you get the reason why I ask the 1st question.

Or maybe you wanna add a new phrase called “since”, besides “for”, “within”, so we can write a code like “since an event happened the first/last/second time within the last 3 months”. In this way, we can have a flexible time-frame based on events, instead of writing a hardwired code like “within the last 3 months”.

What do you think?

badfish
2 posts
msg #81169
Ignore badfish
10/15/2009 9:00:02 PM

Well, actually low days_since_high day low works.

set{my_high, high 90 day high}
set{my_low, low days_since_high day low} /* it works! */
days_since_high > -1
and add column my_low
and add column my_high
and close is between 5 and 10

Cacher
121 posts
msg #81171
Ignore Cacher
modified
10/15/2009 9:19:54 PM

...interesting!

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #81172
Ignore chetron
modified
10/15/2009 9:30:43 PM

CLICKABLE.....
NO EXCLAMATION POINTS ALLOWED ...........
Fetcher[
set{my_high, high 90 day high}
set{my_low, low days_since_high day low} /* it works */
days_since_high > -1
and add column my_low
and add column my_high
and close is between 5 and 10

]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · new high since new low<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.